#Cape Town, South Africa Meetup Dec 2015

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

#Cape Town, South Africa Meetup Dec 2015

Over 150 hosts from all over the city showed up to meet each other, exchange tips and share their experiences at our first Host Community meetup in Cape Town.

It provided a fantastic opportunity for the Airbnb Team to thank the Cape Town hosts for being part of the community, to share the latest product updates and answer any questions they may have, ready to welcome their next guests.

Couldn't make it to this meetup? Don't worry, feel free to let us know if you want to attend any future events on the thread below (remember not to post any of your personal details).

Thanks to everyone to attended - enjoy! 🙂

CT photo 1.jpg

CT photo 3.jpg

CT photo 4.jpg

CT photo 5.jpg

CT photo 6.jpg

CT photo 7.jpg

CT photo 9.jpg

CT photo 10.jpg

CT photo 11.jpg

CT photo 8.jpg

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

24 Replies 24
Stanley0
Level 1
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Hi Lizzie - I've launched a guided video creation app which makes it super simple for hosts to create and share property profile and neighborhood to do videos with their mobile phones.

I'm based in Cape Town and would like to test it out with some of the Cape Town hosts with the idea of rolling it out across South Africa and Africa.

What's the best way forward to engage with the hosts?

Regards

Stanley 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Stanley0,

Lovely to meet you, thanks so much for getting in touch - this sounds really interesting.

I just wanted to let you know that for safety reasons, as the Center is publically visible, personal details are not allowed, so I have removed your email and telephone number. I hope don't mind.

Also, I have made a note of your message and will pass it on, but as this is not directly related to this Meetup I will move you post out of this area in a few days as it is more to do with promotion. If you would like to know more about this do take a look at the Community Center Guidelines. 

Did you attend the Cape Town Meetup the other day? 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Stanley0
Level 1
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Hi Lizzie - thanks for the revert and apologies for breaching the guidelines. It really wasn’t intended.

I unfortunately didn’t attend the CapeTown MeetUp as I wasn’t aware of it. I found out via a Facebook post from a colleague - so you’re getting some good exposure via social media!

I have been trying to engage with Nicola D’Elia who heads up Airbnb in his region but finding it difficult to get hold of him. We met briefly at a tourism event in Cape Town a few months back. Would it be possible to forward my details onto him and ask him to give me a shout? Many thanks.

De-Wet0
Level 1
Bloemfontein, Free State, South Africa

Dear Lizzy

Kindly add me to the mailing list. Would love to attend future events.

Shadley0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

kindly add me to the list 🙂

Jayne0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I had hoped to join in but the event said it was fully booked  How do we know when another is available please?  

Jayne0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

I am interested in what @stanley is offering  Can he be given my details please ?  Jayne

Oksana1
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Lizzie. Can you please add me on a mailing list for the next CPT event? Thank you! Oksana

please add me to the list as well

Hi Lizzie a question, can hosts swop a week accomadation. Please add me to the community for next meet up thanks.

Angelos0
Level 1
Peloponnisos Dytiki Ellada ke Ionio, Greece

Possible to add me to the list for future meetings?

Claire7
Level 1
Yzerfontein, Western Cape, South Africa

Hi Lizzi missed the meet up, but question: does airbnb have a photographer who can come and take awesome pictures of my home ? WestCoast.

Claire 

Claire7
Level 1
Yzerfontein, Western Cape, South Africa

Hi Lizzi missed the meet up, but question: does airbnb have a photographer who can come and take awesome pictures of my home ? WestCoast.

Claire 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Claire7,

Thanks for asking about this. I would recommend you apply to request to have a photographer and then you will be contacted about if there it is possible to send a photographer in you area. Here is a useful link to an article in the Help Center with some more information about this. 

I hope this is help and I do hope you are able to get some lovely photos taken. 🙂

--------------------