Check-in instructions

Nat32
Level 1
Forest Park, IL

Check-in instructions

I filled out the new check-in instructions section on our listing, which is detailed and complete with photographs. The website says that these will be sent to confirmed guests, but I'm not seeing how/if that happens. Does anyone know how that works? Basically I want to know if I should be sending directions for the key box to every guest like I have been or if that is now happenign automatically (which would be great!). Thanks,
Nat

36 Replies 36

@Nat32, I am not sure exactly how they get "sent" the instructions,

but even if the instructions are somehow emailed to the guests, I still find it useful to use the AirBnB messaging to send the critical information to the guest, just to make sure.

No one has ever complained about getting the short instructions just before their trip, and most are very happy to receive them (even though we have the regular guest instructions.)

Rebecca396
Level 2
Santa Barbara, CA

Nat, I'm having the same issue.  I can no longer navigate to the check in instructions I thought I listed on my listings.  I'm baffled.  I need to change the self check in lock box code.  I thought I'd put photos, or I'd like to, to how to find the door.  I would like to do this once, not in a bunch of long messages to new guests.  I book frequently and it's time consuming.  Does anybody reading this know?  I'd like to avoid a long customer service call. 

@Rebecca396 - On your Hosting Dashborad go to "Listings" then "Mange Listing." The Self Check In secetion is under " Guest rescources." So click edit in that section and you can add/change a self check in lock box code. Not sure if you can insert photos though. 😕

Thank you!  That worked!!  Wish I could add photos!  

You could send photos to the guest's coded email address which appears below their photo after they book.

I was able to add the photo check in instructions on the (phone) app only.  Know that the default is 3 photos but you can add as many as you need to describe how to get in. You can also add note to each photo.

Can you give me the instructions on how to do this. 

click on your listing listing. Scroll to Guest Resources on the bottom and click on Check-in Instructions.  You can then edit your pictures and description. 

Would you be willing to outline the steps to find the 'guest check-in' instructions?  I couldn't find the links as described above by Emilia.  Thank you!

Under 'listings', I don't have a 'manage' link??

Thanks. This worked!

Natalia84
Level 3
Milan, Italy

I have the same issue. On the app I wrote detailed instruction with the photographs to each step. I cannot see this information when I log in to my account on laptop. And the last guest compained that she couldn't find the lockbox. If she've seen that page shurely she wouldn't have that problem! On the laptop I can only choose an option for self check in but no photographs and discriptions are there.  Very strange! 

Ted56
Level 1
Kirkland, WA

This is my first time commenting in this community (didn't know it existed, and I've been hosting for 4 years).  Does AirBnB actually monitor these conversations?

Anyway, I have always been frustrated that I cannot see what my guests experience after they book.  We had an issue about a 1.5 years ago, where suddenly all of our guests were showing up with no clue how to check in.  It had never been a problem before.  Finally, I asked a guest if I could look at their phone to see what they see.  I figured out that the app was collapsing our check-in instructions to just the first paragraph and it wasn't obvious you had to expand it to get more instructions.  After seeing this, I rewrote our instructions to make it less likely that someone would think the first paragraph was all there was.

AirBnB if you are reading, please give us more of a window into the guest experience.  We may think we are communicating well when we are not actually.  

Vincent288
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

This is the problem Airbnb does not send check in instructions and they are not that easy for guests to look up.   I am in Arizona and I will be turning off my listing for the summer anyways hopefully they will have it fixed by the time I come back.  Fix your website Airbnb!