Cleaning Fees

Flora18
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Cleaning Fees

I have a property that I rent out and DO NOT charge a cleaning fee but Airbnb does!!! Why? They get the money from our guests under false pretences which looks bad for us.  I have checked the box for no cleaning fee in my pricing. How the hell do you get in touch with Airbnb?

4 Replies 4
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Flora18 I checked your listing and there is no cleaning fee listed when you put in dates to book, only the ABB service fee.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Flora18 What you're seeing is AirBnB's service fee, not a cleaning fee.

Alain311
Level 3
Montreal, Canada

I also dont charge for cleaning fees - airbnb doesnt take any money for that.

what they do take is service fees which explains the difference between the price you set and the price your guest pay. the amount varries for different reasons, like lengh of stay ect. a small service fee is also taken from the amount you make. If i'm not wrong overall between guest and host service fees, it can go together at arounbd 18% of the price paid. We might agree or disagree on the importance of that pourcentage but this is how airbnb makes money and exist.

Alain311
Level 3
Montreal, Canada

you can get in touch with airbnb from the resolution center, the common quiestion are answered there but you can always send a message or call