Cleaning fee for an extended stay

Donna287
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Cleaning fee for an extended stay

Hi Community!

Our house frequently gets booked for extended stays: weeks/months. I do the cleaning myself and like to go in once a week to clean, put on fresh sheets and give them fresh towels. However, the cleaning fee is only a one time charge so I’m not getting paid for my multiple cleanings. Am I missing something on the pricing page? I would hate to tell a guest that is staying for more than a week (and thereby getting my week or month discount rate) that I am tacking on an additional charge - I know I wouldn’t like that! Any suggestions?

Donna

15 Replies 15
Mary-Kay10
Level 1
St Paul, MN

We are staying at an apartment for a month. We also have been Airbnb hosts. The important thing for us is the linen. We can't go for a month without clean towels and sheets. I agree that clear communication up front is important. And your policy should be influenced by a few key factors. For example if a washer AND dryer are included with the rental, the guest has the ability to wash their own linen. If no washer, and you have no AC, sheets may need changing more frequently, which should be taken into account. From a pricing standpoint, long-term rentals result in fewer "down days" for turnover. This additional rent comes at almost no cost to you. Perhaps this additional amount could be used to offset some cleaning costs or offer a discount. Finally good service and good value with no surprises is important--if you want high ratings--which will attract more renters. So remember how you treat your guests will likely all come out in the wash.