Co-host issue - advice please

Sarah1311
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Co-host issue - advice please

Hello

I recently had a co-host looking after my property. On the whole it was fine, however after the last guest, he removed over £100 worth of linen and towels and has not returned them. 

Allegedly the laundrette mixed them up with another customer and has lost them. Over the course of the last six weeks, I have had one excuse after another and have yet to see any evidence of my property, or adequate compensation. 

There doesn’t seem to be an easy way to report this through Airbnb. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle this? It doesn’t seem fair that he should get away with it and potentially rip off other hosts. He co-hosts several other properties. 

My feeling was that I should report his profile to Airbnb and raise a claim through the small claims court. Sadly I paid him all his fees promptly, so have no power there. 

Any advice or similar experiences would be a great help! 

Thanks 

2 Replies 2
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Sarah1311  The first thing I would do is to contact the other hosts you know he co-hosts for and see if they have had issues also recently. Maybe it was an actual error at the laundry. Other than reporting his profile there is not much AirBnB is going to do about this as you say small claims court is about your only option. 

Sarah1311
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply Letti. You’re right, Airbnb weren’t interested.  Lesson learned for me, an expensive one.