Collier County Florida prohibiting rentals

Gina205
Level 1
Plainfield, IN

Collier County Florida prohibiting rentals

Does anyone know if Airbnb is doing anything in regards to the recent Collier County Florida, Naples area, decision to not allow short term rentals under 6 months?

4 Replies 4
Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Gina205: Commision just voted on it to make it a 6 month minimum so I'm not sure if Airbnb can really do anything at this point.

I'm actually amazed a commision would vote on that. 6 month minimum? Plenty, I would even say most snowbirds (that do not own homes) travel south for 1 or 2 month stays. Not 6 months. Those people are essentially out. That will bite Collier County in the butt as those people will just go to other gulf counties and cities to spend their money.

Gina205
Level 1
Plainfield, IN

There is a meeting on April 9th at 9:00 on the 3rd floor of the Collier County Government Building.  Looks like there will be a group there to make their voices heard on this subject.  It would be good to see the large rental agencies be there to support those voices with their statistics.  

I agree with you on all points.  Our home is in Naples Park.  The area has improved so much since all the vacation rental owners have cleaned up the area.  They need to get rid of the long term rentals and the slum landlords there.

@Gina205: They won't understand until they see that tourism tax revenue fall through the floor.

And the property values when properties flood the market.  Sadly, you are probably right.