Combining experience with a room

Veit2
Level 1
Houston, TX

Combining experience with a room

Good day, everyone.

I have a question I did not find answered anywhere so I thought I may just ask ecerybody.

In addition to the room I rent out, I'd like to offer a unique dining experience. I'm really good at cooking and I like to have guests. 

Is it possible to "bind" an experience to a room? I wouldn't want to offer this to everyone, just for my guests.

How can I succeed?

Thank you very much! 

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi,

There is some info in Airbnb Help, which maybe answer some of your questions:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1581/what-are-experiences

https://www.airbnb.com/help/topic/1029/host-an-experience

Best regards, Emiel

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Veit2

I don't know the legal requirements in TX but recommend consulting your local food hygene department, here in the UK you have to be inspected and meet commercial kitchen requirements to serve meals.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

You don’t need to declare this as an experience, @Veit2. It would probably not qualify, as you need to offer it to everyone who books and a higher minimum number of people, you might be able to seat at your table. 

You can just write in your listing, that cooking is an option and indicat3 a price. You can collect this price separately or via a special offerwirh the booking. Before you, check if you are allowed to do it or if a firm offer requests that you apply restaurant rules. 

You may also write it in your welcome message. 

Hi there! This comment you left was helpful I'm wondering if what you would say to my situation?

I signed up as someone offering an experience teaching a class in clay. I would like to make it into a two day experience and combine my clay class with a place to stay. I have a one bedroom apartment that is directly above my studio where I host the experience. The minimum stay would be 2 nights. 

What would be the best way to set this up? Through my experiences account I already have set up ? Or setting up a new account with the apartment and have the clay class be a special offer with the booking of the apartment, as you suggested in your comment to @Veit2 

Thank you!

Hi there! @Helga0 This comment you left was helpful I'm wondering if what you would say to my situation?

I signed up as someone offering an experience teaching a class in clay. I would like to make it into a two day experience and combine my clay class with a place to stay. I have a one bedroom apartment that is directly above my studio where I host the experience. The minimum stay would be 2 nights. 

What would be the best way to set this up? Through my experiences account I already have set up ? Or setting up a new account with the apartment and have the clay class be a special offer with the booking of the apartment, as you suggested in your comment to @Veit2 

Thank you!