Connect with other Hosts (#Brighton, UK)

Kelly169
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Connect with other Hosts (#Brighton, UK)

For anybody in #Brighton, UK, I run a monthly Brighton Airbnb Meetup for those who want to host or are already hosting. The aim is to bring the local Airbnb community together to share ideas and help each other. We usually get between 25-30 people there. It's a sociable get together but also really helpful as there is always so much experience and expertise in the room. We often have a speaker too - somebody with some particular expertise that they wish to share.

The next Meetup is on Thursday 23 March at 7pm at The Chimney House pub in Seven Dials, Brighton. We are in the private room upstairs. Please feel free to come along and join us, bring your friends - all welcome!

Thanks, Kelly

27 Replies 27
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Jayne166 ,

We have a meet-up planned for Brighton coming up! It's on February 13th 🙂 Let me grab more details for you and get back.

Thanks

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Lea1642
Level 1
Brighton, GB

Hi!

I have experience in hosting guests for 1 1/2 years, both on and off airbnb. Unfortunately the listing was with my expartner. I now have relocated to Brighton and would like to help you by co hosting your listing in Brighton. Please get in touch. Cheers

Hi. I would be interested. I'm just trying to work out how to do that what I need to do!! A co-host who's trustworthy and experienced would be awesome. Keep me posted. 

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I wonder if this is what I've seen advertised on Facebook??

I was thinking of running something similar here on the Isle of Wight

Sophie1075
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Can I ask those of you who have jumped back into hosting post lockdown how are you finding things? Demand etc. It seems like prices have increased alot is that right? 

Carey75
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hi is anyone hosting in Brighton? I’ve been using a hosting company but unhappy with their service and fees.  I’m looking for advice on cleaners and linen, or co-hosts. Hope to hear from other Superhosts! 

Hello Carey,

Good afternoon!

Did you find someone in Brighton to help with Airbnb?
Thanks 

Anira43
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hi Carey,

How are you?

Can I help you?

I have a cleanning business in Brighton and Hove UK  and we cleaning airbnb houses. The owners are getting super excited and loving it the results.

We clean as “brazilian way” a deep cleaning.

A good review in cleaning is the best thing you could ever get.

Give us a try... 100% you gonna love.

Hi everyone, do you need help with your Airbnb care, great Reviews and happy guests? Contact me can I help you? 🏡❤️

Anira43
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

I have a cleanning business in Brighton and Hove UK  and we cleaning airbnb houses. The owners are getting super excited and loving it the results.

We clean as “brazilian way” a deep cleaning.

A good review in cleaning is the best thing you could ever get.

Give us a try... 100% you gonna love.

Hi All, @Stephen166

I am considering a move to Brighton where I will live part time and possibly operate as airbnb flat is free. Is there anyone who perhaps offer some advice or maybe point in the right direction to conduct more research....

Some of the questions I am hoping to clarify...

1. Using a management company - what are costs typically for a reliable mgmt company, what do they offer service wise ?

2. Is it more cost effective to manage yourself?

3. How does a partner host work ?

4. I am in the process of buying the property (1 bed flat, possibly 2 bed) and have not quite decided on location, bearing in mind its a personal property also, I am trying to strike a balance between my personal tastes and a good location from the point of view as an investment e.g. airbnb occupancy potential etc, rates I can charge based on location (conscious the rate is a lot more than just location)....

5. In terms of occupancy, is 1 bed or 2 bed more preferable or does it matter ?

6. What are the formalities you need to comply with in order to operate as an airbnb ? Do I need to jump through formal hoops with the council or any other authority ?

7. Are there any restrictions on the property in terms of layout, which might affect it operating as an airbnb?

8. Can I simply follow the Rent-a-Room scheme as per gov guidelines ?

Thanks in advance

Damien.

Damien
Anira43
Level 2
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hi Damien,

Can you send your number please?

Hi

i have a flat in Eastbourne E Sussex that I am interested in renting on this site.  I would need it to be rented for at least 10 weeks a year to make it viable.  Does anyone have any idea if this is likely or would it be difficult 

thanks richard