Contacting/dealing with Airbnb Customer Experience team

Matthew191
Level 2
New York, NY

Contacting/dealing with Airbnb Customer Experience team

I recently received a note from the Airbnb Customer Experience team.  It was in regards to a (erroneous) complaint from a past renter.  Past off this complaint, Airbnb removed over $1k from my account.  The note was over 2 weeks ago.  I have sent 10+ emails, and called the general customer service line over 5 times.  Each of my emails have not been returned, and each call to customer service tells me that they do not have the ability to tranfer me to someone on that team, and I just need to wait for the a response.

This of course, is completely unacceptable, as I have been docked money due to a claim - and I currently have no recourse to discuss and understand this.  I am SHOCKED that AIrbnb would take money away without a proper despute resolution, and unilaterally take the word of a guest (who is likely doing this based off a bad review) without reaching out to the host.

Has anyone has similir issues?  How can I get in touch with this team?  This is completely unaccepatable and I am nearing my wits end.

Thanks for any help.

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hard to advise as you haven't explained what happened.

However try them on Twitter. Normally gets a better response.

Thanks for the advice. 

However not sure why the nature of the incident should factor into their responsiveness. 

FYI the renter claimed there was a security camera on the premises which was not detailed in the ad. 

Sheila361
Level 1
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The same thing happened to me. For futile and meaningless reasons the Guest wanted to cancel the reservation after checkin. Airbnb "simulated" a deal and in the end the guest did not pay what they should pay, claiming not yet have the key of the apartment .. Anyway ... it was a 30-day reservation and I took a loss. Clear conscience, I did what I should do, play for the universe friend ... he will do his part.
But it was really a disappointment, as Airbnb was the dream company. I'd love to work there as a UX Designer ... but now, I see that Capitalism is really corruptible.