Corona Rules

Haus39
Level 2
Fieberbrunn, AT

Corona Rules

Dear Airbnb,
In my opinion it is unlawful that you promise our joint guests a 100% refund in this Corona situation. Your organization is a travel agency, you facilitate an App with different frames that are a voluntary choice for guest and host. Agreements are made on this basis and are responsible for it. In the past period I have asked for support several times because our house rules were completely broken, your advice was "it is your own choice how you want to solve this, no support was offered" I felt completely abandoned during this period left. Now you think you have the right to change jointly made rules without consultation and to offer yet another one-sided solution. You seem to forget in this situation that a tenant must make the choice for a cancellation insurance himself during each trip, this is a personal choice in risk assessment and generally known. You are now wrongly compensating the traveler who did not do this over the back of your landlords, this is an unjustified shift in responsibility. Perhaps you think you will get a bit of money out of your tenants here and be the only one in the industry that can distinguish you, but you will forget that this will leave your landlords completely out of the cold or even send you into bankruptcy. Moreover, this causes so much cruelty between tenants and landlords that the impact of this will be negative rather than positive. I urge you to revoke this, not to play it in your own court and to leave both tenant and landlord under his own responsibility. I can imagine that both parties meet somewhere in the middle and in this way reach out to each other, but this is going too far.
Therefore I cannot accept your "new rules"

0 Replies 0