All the world is a stage,

HOSTING is like an OPERA,

And all the Hosts and Guests merely players;

During their stay on earth

They have their checkin, their stay and their checkout,

Many guests in their time travel and stay in many cities,

3 Acts take place on each stay!

The Backstage, Preparations
Everything must be in order. Clean and tidy.
The accommodation must be impeccably prepared to the spectacle that soon will take place!

Act I
The checkin is when the curtains open ! The Overture!
The spectacle, as it is expected, starts at that moment!
A tragedy, a commedy, a disaster performance or a huge success are about to happen!

Act II
The stay is the main and longer act!
The accommodation where the guests stay is the stage!
The city and its places to go are the scenneries!
The group of guests are the cast!
The guest who book the place is the Prima Donna or Primo Uomo!
The Host plays the opera director and the conductor!

Act III
The checkout is what is supposed to be the Grand Finale!
If the performance is a disaster, loud booing will be heard, and it means at the most 3 stars!
If the performance is good, it means 4 stars! However, it is not enough!
Loud applause means 5 stars! Huge success!
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

The curtains are closed and another day is coming!

There will always be new brilliant actors craving to perform their role in an another stage in another city! So lots of different characters will perform again and again!
Some of my guests travel to perfom just once, being in Rio for just a short tour, few days. Some are on a Brazilian tour and perform in other great spectacles theaters such as Iguazu Falls, Ilha Grande and Bahia State, etc. Some others are on a South American tour having performed in Peru and others destinies such as Buenos Aires and etc. There are also the ones that are on a world tour!
As for the characters, there will always be the easygoing person, the grumpy one, the troublemaker, the heavy drinker, the doctor, the engieneer, the architect, the nurse, the professor, the diplomats, and all sort of characters that book the accommodations.

Believe you or not, my next guests are a couple from Spain! More precisely speaking, they are from Seville! In their profile it is said he is a barber and his wife´s name is Rosina.

The show must go on!

I wish you, host and guests, Merry Christmas, also happy universal holidays and Happy New Year!

Below an Allegorical World Tour!
(To praise all the hosts and guests from all over the world)

MAESTRO-0-scala-in.jpg

MAESTRO-1-Galeria-Vittoria-Emmanuele-Milan.jpg

MAESTRO-2a-Iguazu-Falls.jpg

MAESTRO-3a-Rio.jpg

MAESTRO-3b-Rio.jpg

MAESTRO-4-tour-eiffell-2.jpg

MAESTRO-5-london-river-bank.jpg

MAESTRO-6-greece.jpg

MAESTRO-7-grecia.jpg

MAESTRO-8-piazza-navona-roma.jpg

MAESTRO-10-1-lisbon.jpg

MAESTRO-11-Lake-Titicaca.jpg

7 Replies 7
Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Cute world tour @J-Renato0 ! I will look out for the conductor next time I see a group of tourists before a monument and the opera image will come to mind at the next arrival. 

Murmuring inside: “I hope, they don’t sing!” 😉

your images made me laugh!

Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Omygoodness @J-Renato0!  This is GREAT!  (Wow, dude, you really put a lot of work into this... gonna be a tough act to follow!)

Your opera metaphor is also amusing in other ways... if you're sitting down for an Italian Opera, you KNOW that the woman always dies.  Always.  The German Operas always have humor interwoven into their plots and everyone is sleeping with everyone they shouldn't... funny how it's completely possible! (in traditional opera, the new stuff is a little less predictable.)

Nice spin on the theme, and your new guests from Spain made me laugh! 

Thanks for the good work!

Kim
Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

So So beautiful ,and so true.a true story

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@J-Renato0 That a Ouah to both of you , i love the Suporhost badge hanging around. The whole Opera scene just fantastic 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I love this @J-Renato0, it is such a great analogy and fantastic images. My particular favourite is Lake Titicaca and (what look like) larmas, chilling out. 🙂

I feel all you are missing now is a great sound track. Which reminds me of a previous post in the CC some time ago now, where someone mentioned they have a specific playlist for when they are cleaning their listing. I think this is a great idea. hehe

Thanks so much for sharing this José, as @Kimberly54 says you must have spent quite some time putting this together and it is really fantastic.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hi you all, I am happy it make you laugh!
I did not have any very interesting thing to say, no fancy story, so I went for humour and changed some words of a famous poem and did the images. @Marie82, yes the badge is a subtle important detail! 🙂
@Helga0, I can already imagine a tall and fat guest, with a beard like Luciano Pavaroti, knocking at your door for checkin, and starting to sing Figaro...Figaroo... Figarooo to show you his artistic talent, and asking you to paint his portrait while singing! 🙂
@Kimberly54, Actually few I know about Opera.. I am not very fond of Opera. What I know are the stereotypes about the matter, kind of The Barber of Seville, that as far as I know has a happy end, right? Long time ago I saw on TV a movie about Madame Butterfly... maybe Mr Toshi would not have liked it. It is said the Japanese does not like that opera.
@Lizzie, we usually have a free lancer person that do the cleaning. However, sometimes we have to do it and we have fun.
The sound track is not opera, It is rockabilly and we dance like those couples in the video you can see by clicking on the link bellow. To the first dance we put a shoe on which have a kind of brush under the sole to sweep the floor while dancing. Then we put another shoe that has a polishing brush and dance again. It is the easer way to have it all clean and it really works.

@J-Renato0, you are hilarious!  WE want to see the videos of the cleaning/polishing shoes!!!

As for Opera, you are missing the boat, my friend!  Great music, incredible singing, hopefully good acting... But Madame Butterfly?  I warned you about the Italians, right? Giacomo Puccini?? An Italian composer--and Italians ALWAYS kill the woman.  (Hey, we all need a good cry from time to time). 

You have so honored Mr. Toshi that you remembered him... and I really think he would have loved that opera.

Keep on ROCKIN'!

🙂

PS: don't EVER sit through an opera without 'super-titles.'  I don't care if you know the story or even have the language, you need to be able to READ along--TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. 

Kim