Day 23: wishing you all a Happy Holiday!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Day 23: wishing you all a Happy Holiday!

Happy Holidays!Happy Holidays!

Hello everyone,

For many of us this period can very busy, with lots of rushing around and getting ready for the end of the year. At the same time it can also be a time full of joy, happiness and sometimes the odd moment of reflection (and if you are like me too much eating). A time for family and friends to come together. Whether you celebrate this time of year or not, we want to wish you a very happy holiday season, full of great food, celebration and perhaps a little bit of a rest too! 🙂 

I will be out in the English countryside hopely enjoying some lovely sunny winter weather (fingers crossed). Eating the customary December sprouts and mince pies, and spending it with family.

It would be lovely to hear if you are traveling over this period, if there is anything special you are eating and how you are celebrating (perhaps you are hosting and will be spending it with your guests). 

Thanks for everything,

Lizzie (and Quincy)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

14 Replies 14
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

You two are the real reason why this forum works so well, and why it stays on the course of hosts being able to help one another. The merriest of holidays to you two.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Happy holidays to you! 

I hope you get some snow on the countryside, to make it a real winter holiday. 

In Paris, it’s still warm and raining every day. They put a Christmas market right outside my door, but with warm rain instead of white snow, it does not look right. On the other hand, I will harvest a raspberry tomorrow. I discovered if working on the bathroom window. There it is, profiting from the bit of sun and warmth from the window to get red. That’s crazy. 

I rented half my place with a new listing and put up the first cute picture I found as a starting picture. A snowman built in the courtyard a few years ago. It got me a long booking immediately, longer than intended, from a Brazilian lady, who is afraid she will freeze here. No chance, but maybe I should bring the garden chairs back from storage 🙂

thank you for the picture, that’s how I will see you from now on !

Hi Helga!

Merry Christmas to you!

What does 'Level 10' mean?

Best wishes,

Richard

Fieldgate House

@Richard152, happy holidays to you too!

Level 10 means chatty people 😉 

It’s just an indicator of frequency (and/or helpfulness)

You will see your level raise, when you post more. Likes get it higher too - @Lizzie has still a day or two o fill in the Community center December project. Write as story or something positive for the last day and you will get so many likes you jump a

level. 10 is the highest.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

I second what @Fred13 said

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Merry Christmas and Happy and New Year! 🙂

It is what I and the other simple inhabtants of the town I was born in,  inland in Minas Gerais State would say to each other during this time of the year! 🙂

Nowaday, I also wish my globalized and PC Happy Holidays as well ! 🙂

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Forgot to say, thanks for making this community an enjoyable and cheerful place, and at the same time very good to learn more about hosting and Airbnb!

Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

Completely agreed on @Fred13 as said

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to both of you Lizzie and Quincy

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@LizzieMerry Christmas Lizzie and Quincy!

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Happy Holidays to @Lizzie,  Quincy and all the others who happen to read this post.

My husband will have to work during holidays this year, so I have joined him at the Narvik pilot station; a mix ture of a luxury airbnb and an upmarket barchelor pad 🙂

Pre-Christmas dinner with daughter and her friends in Bergen had to be arranged before my departure featuring one Dutch, one German and one from a different part of the country with different Christmas traditions. The result, a jumble to maintain a traditional feel to the meal and to accommodate two picky eaters.  

White Christmas and Polar Night it is the norm in the north, winter tourists chasing the Northern Lights and hoping to enjoy some snow related activities. I suppose this part of the world can be pretty exotic to visitors and a real contrast to where @Fred is located.  

Jul i Narvik.jpg

Contrary to my expectations, I do have some guests during holidays. They were supposed to arrive on Christmas Day, but their flights got cancelled and now they will arrive two days later poor things.  So on Jan 1st is back to guests and a turnover while daughter and co-host takes a well deserved holiday.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Marit-Anne0Actually we have a bit of a 'cold' front coming through down here (74 F / 23 C); we are 'freezing', the guests from NY are sweating.

I love that picture, do miss the snow during Christmas week.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Happy Hollidays Lizzie ...and Quincy ....and dear friends fellow hosts 🙂 

My family and I are used to eat typical croatian meal called Sarma on Christmas eve (meat in sauerkraut leaves) but traditional meal for Christmas eve is fish, usually codfish.

On Christmas the whole Croatia eat turkey with mlinci (something like tortillas but much much better of course 😄

December is busy here ... but after that, I would like to fly somewhere far away where the weather is hot and to drink coconut under the palm tree hehe 🙂

Hi my place in Honlulu Hawaii would be great for you. Happy holidays

LauraJean0
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

So I am a newbie my place is nestled on the side of a mountain walking distance from down town Honolulu, Hawaii. I'm excited and glad to have friendly people to chat with.

Aloha

Laura