Delayed paouts, 10 days later still waiting for Case Manager to respond

YuChen5
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Delayed paouts, 10 days later still waiting for Case Manager to respond

Hello everyone, 

I am now an Airbnb host for more than 1 year now here in Montreal, Canada. 

Recently, I have noticed that I have 3 pendings payouts totalling more than $2000 are been delayed. Immediately, I reached out Airbnb customer support center for help. Since I've had similar issue in the past, and it was fixed in a timely fashion, I was hopping the same way. However, I was told that my request is been transferred to Airbnb Case Manager and they will get back to me ASAP. Now, 10 days later, I am still waiting to hear from them. It is ridiculous if a guest can get help from case manager on the same day when they have issue, why Airbnb host can't ? 

And it seems there is no way to contact case managers who are working in that `separate'  department. Everytime I called, it is the same response : we are sorry sir, your request is in their hands and they will contact you when the next case manager becomes available... 

I am wondering if someone else have experienced the same problem as me with delayed payments, and if so, how to handle them ? 

I feel like Airbnb should have a service team dedicated to hosts and any kind of control system to monitor their support services. 10 days without a word, it is inacceptable to me. 

4 Replies 4
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@YuChen5, I don't know if Canada is experiencing the same problems we have recently had in Australia - there was apparently a glitch in the system and hosts Australia-wide had delays in their payouts of around 2 weeks. I believe some hosts are still waiting to be paid. The whole thing was handled extremely poorly by Airbnb with little communication or updates and customer support workers who had no idea what was going on and giving different information to different people.

Anyway, I agree that 10 days without a word is unacceptable. Maybe you should try contacting your local media?

@Kath9 thank you for your response. I am not aware of the glitch situation in Canada nor in Australia. I hope everything is working fine for you. 

The weird part of all, is that I am still receiving other payouts from my other listings. I am guessing there is something else than a glitch. Actually, by doing some research, I am not the only one with this kind of frustrating situation... 

I am thinking about to do something with media, especially social media. It could be very powerful if we can regroup all the hosts out there. 

Thank you for your response and support. 

All the best. 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@YuChen5, best of luck with it! Hope you see your payout soon!

Carrie339
Level 1
Bogart, GA

I have been hosting for 7 years.  I  have been waiting for. $1900+ payout for 3 weeks.  Support says investigating.  Anyone know how to reach someone on the next level.  Is BBB complaint the next step?