Difficulty to contact AIRBNB

Henri16
Level 4
Montreal, Canada

Difficulty to contact AIRBNB

I have now been a host for many years.

Throughout my time I have also traveled a lot and have had almost 100 % good ratings

I have also achived Super host status

Recently I have to sign in having to state that I live up to AIRBNB high standards and not to discriminate 

I recently made a inquiry to rent a place and was blatently refused because of my age.

Now I have been trying to make AIRBNB aware of the situation but it is impsoble to find any contact information ar any way to contact AIRBNB directly and to make them aware of that particular host.

I am frustrated by having navigated and wasted hours on end on AIRBNB site and not able to even send a friken simple mail and contact them

I think its maybe time to leave AIRBNB

You have gotten to big and to blazee 

I am very disapointed you have lost your spirit

11 Replies 11
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Henri16,

When you're on this forum's pages type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box.

Suggestions will appear as you type. Click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide" one.

In that post click on the "Contact Airbnb" link to see the various ways to contact them.

Steve.

I agree. If a company makes it difficult for you to contact them then they care nothing about customer service. How can one utilize services effectively if there is no way or easy way to communicate issues. I would encourage anyone who is experienceing these types of difficulty to spend your money and time elsewhere. Airbnb services are not worth the hassle when you stand to lose time, money and other opportunites.

Hello to all

Some great feedback and a Generall frustration.

As to Steves suggestion

I started off with doing it by going to the Contact AIRBNB

All that does is give you a run around by giving you options and answers and if the Options and the Answers do not match or help it just gives you another run about. Then it refers you to finding an answer with the AIRBNB community.

I finaly got a hold of Airbnb by chance seeing that you can contact them when you feel treatened and even there it tells you to first contact the local Police force.

I kud you not I had to navigate for more than 4 hours through all possibilities

OK I might not be the most Computer Savy but I do know  that even beeing savy it is not AIRBNBs intention to be readyly available

What it does for me is staying very attentive. 

I for one have a proven track record and will now only deal with people who can offer the same courtesy and track record 

I am afraid that AIRBNB has gotten to big and too succesfull and frankly I suspect quite greedy thus forgetting who their customer are who made them great.

Point is now my city is going to punish us for rendering a service which is quite great. 

A simple solution would be a voluntary across the board pay , lets say a 7% tax of all revunue in any common city.

That would be a nice gesture instead AIRBNB is urging us the Hosts to find a way to pay the city. I allready pay lots of Property taxes and the only reason I am renting part of my space is to cover those 

Just a thought 

And great to seeing all those possitive feedbacks.

Cheers Henri 

Hello @Henri16,

In the "Search for anything" box on this forum's pages type "Contact aribnb" and click on the suggestion I mentioned and which is shown in red in the screenshot below. It would appear that you typed "contact airbnb" not there, as guggested to you, but in the "Ask a Question or search by keyword" box under the general website "Help". Please follow suggestions before saying that they don't work.

Scroll down in that article to find how to contact them. Included are how to do it via Twitter and by phone.

Steve.

Screenshot.png

The screenshot below is from Dave & Deb's article "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide".

Scroll down in that article to details on the 3 contact methods.

Screenshot.png

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Henri16

I know you are frustrated but do remember this is a forum made up of your fellow hosts and not monitored by Airbnb.

As a superhost Airbnb will have sent you their phone for your country to use.

All the ways of contacting them are also clearly outlined in the CONTACT AIRBNB post in the Community Help forum at the top.

They don't have an email.

Let us know how it goes.

Brenda75
Level 1
Zimbabwe

I agree with you, there needs to be a way for hosts to contact Airnbnb,  Airbnb accepted a booking on my behalf and when I declined the booking I was made to look bad, I have tried to contact them but have had no feedback.  I do hope they change this and have an address you could contact, as in every other way I find them great.

Ella22
Level 1
New Westminster, Canada

I had the same problem. Cancelled the booking immediatly but my calendar still shows as those dates been booked by the same guest.  Hopefully they didn't charge the guest. Do not know what to do!!!

I have the same problem - I cannot find anywhere to contact them, it is very annoying! They like the fee from all of us as hosts and guests - but do hide when we need them.

Daniel-and-Marsio0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Henri - I have to agree - I think it's pathetic how difficult it is to contact someone (the relevant person) at AIRBNB. I hate the fact that they hide this information and make it so difficult. 'Contact Us' should mean exactly that, not seacrh for hours through a community forum... Surely they make enough money to afford/justify a proper 24-hour host service department.

Dunny0
Level 6
Nara, Japan

Henri,

You're always welcome here. Il ya beaucoup beaucoup de Francophones ici au Japon. Mon Dieu.

And you don't look so old, either.

I am interested to exchange ideas. Many other folks feel the same way. Send a Private Message.

Cheers

Geri7
Level 2
Dutch Flat, CA

I'm thoroughly disgusted with the response of AIR BNB.  The last reservation experience was a nightmare for me as well as the client.

Because we are NICE people and I have a WONDERFUL HOME, we made the best of the extraordinary difficulties communicating anything to AIR BNB.   The way they handle pet invoices, as well as any response whatsoever, is no longer acceptable.

I will move on to VRBO and other venues.  It is a shame because I have asked to speak to Managerial, and they have not responded.

We do a powerful job to help people find places, and AIR BNB charges for their services, which in my mind are less that optimal.

It is no longer worth my time.