Dirty guests - Used Condoms - Blood soaked sanitary pads - every dish used and not washed

Victoria576
Level 3
Western Australia, Australia

Dirty guests - Used Condoms - Blood soaked sanitary pads - every dish used and not washed

Dirty guests - Used Condoms - Blood soaked sanitary pads - every dish used and not washed.

Well I just had a first, blood soaked sanitary pads (although I supply sanitary bags and clearly state that in my instructions), used condoms, every dish used and not washed, not even the stove wiped down. What does everyone do in this scenario? Do I mention specifically in the review or be more discreet? It is honestly repulsive how they have left the place and they only stayed two nights. Bins overflowing, hair everywhere, revolting. I would love some advice on what everyone else does.

14 Replies 14
Ioannis21
Level 4
Artemida, Greece

in the private part, I would write the usual Thank You text and then add unfortunately the cleaning crew was challenged by your visit .

In the public part : This person/group would be better suited in a hotel environment"

don't mention dirty/clean since this is subjective

And don't forget to click "NOT recommend" !!!! 

Victoria576
Level 3

I definitely will not be recommending.

@Ioannis21 

they are better suited in the military where they would learn to be tidy.

Small digression....I watched one documentary about a girl shepherd somewhere in Croatia. She had a few chickens, a few cows, dogs, goats.... and one pig. Then one morning the pig starts to clean her pigsty. She was taking the dirty straw out and bringing it to the dump site. When she finished, she starts to bring fresh, clean straw inside.  And we say pigs are dirty 🙂

The point is :

( Animals live here / people live here )

wp-1483731785509-476x360

@Victoria576 you need to mention in the review that the guests left the place dirty and it took a considerable amount of time to clean up after they left. You don't need to mention the specifics of what the mess was that they left. Please don't write in code, as a host I have no idea what the problem is that causes someone to be 'better suited to a hotel'. I need to know what the problem was so that I can make an informed decision about whether or not I would accept them as guests if they wanted to book with me. 

And please rate them down for cleanliness & if you wouldn't host them again then tick the do not recommend button. This means that they can't instant book if a host has the 'recommended by other hosts' requirement.

Victoria576
Level 3

Thanks Loannis21 & Rachel177. It was as though they were 80's rock stars that just destroyed they place. Thanks for the feedback. 

@Victoria576 if they were rock stars they would have thrown the tv out the window 😉

Victoria576
Level 3

Very true. 😉 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Victoria576 

Hi Victoria, @Ioannis21  response was perfect. You have to remember the review process says as much about you as it does about the guest and it stays with you forever. Don't say something you may regret when this episode has disappeared into history.

You can say something in the private feedback like......"It is unfortunate that my lasting impression of you will be coloured by the rather personal cleaning up I had to do after your departure"  If the guest was female she will feel extremely embarassed by that but at least she will appreciate that it was said as a private comment so, although she will feel bad, she will not blame you!.

In the public review say....."Although communication was good, the cleanliness aspect of the stay left a something to be desired and although I wish them well for the future I would decline the offer to host them again"!  And when you come to that box that says 'Would you host this guest again'.......tick NO!

You have fulfilled your duty and said 'stay clear of this guest' but, you have not mentioned anything specific which would allow the guest to have your review removed!

But most importantly by giving the guest a 2-3 star for cleanliness and ticking the no box for future hosting, you will remove that guests ability to Instant book a listing in the future. They will have to submit a reservation request so that future hosts can check out their past!

Cheers......Rob

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Victoria576 wrote:

Dirty guests - Used Condoms - Blood soaked sanitary pads - every dish used and not washed.

Well I just had a first, blood soaked sanitary pads (although I supply sanitary bags and clearly state that in my instructions), used condoms, every dish used and not washed, not even the stove wiped down. What does everyone do in this scenario? Do I mention specifically in the review or be more discreet? It is honestly repulsive how they have left the place and they only stayed two nights. Bins overflowing, hair everywhere, revolting. I would love some advice on what everyone else does.

@Victoria576 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Rachel177 @Ioannis21 

@Victoria576  "...they only stayed 2 nights"??

Aren't you so pleased they were not staying longer??

You must definitely write something in Private Feedback as that's so unacceptable.

Seen all those things before unfortunately in the homes & hotel rooms of people who should know better when in an earlier life.

When I worked in the Hotel industry they used to pay an "Unpleasant Duties" allowance which covered for cleaning up no2's, vomit & blood from guests in rooms.

Be mindful if blood is on carpet etc that it can be detected using blue light devices.

All the best & count your blessings they never stayed 2 weeks!!

@Helen427 

"Unpleasant Duties" allowance 😄 genious!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Victoria576 

I hope you took photos for the record & if necessary to claim extra cleaning costs.

Victoria576
Level 3

I did take photos Helen, and thank you for your more tactful way of a suggested response. Unfortunately I had already written one, as had the guests which simply said "nice host". They will be not be happy when they read mine. But I only speak the truth. And it is not a hotel or serviced apartment. Disgraceful. 

@Victoria576 @Branka & Silvia1 @Rachel177 @Ioannis21 

As I said up above, it is not the 80's and they weren't rock stars. & I agree, thank goodness they didn't stay two weeks. Although perhpas they would have found the bin liners under the sink by then???

@Victoria576 

That review is priceless & to the point, I read it..

Did you have a look at there listing?

I notice the toilet seat is up, hand wash is behind toilet on the ledge away from the handbasin & drumroll, the kettle is empty draining in the dishrack.

There is also a comment flashing up "That this listing has been viewed over 200 times this week..hmmm how will they go for bookings in future as Guests?

David6
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Victoria576  Travelling with work and only on mobile so can no longer tap through to link to a guest’s profile. When did Airbnb stop that function? Frustrating! What review did you leave? 🙂