Does anyone have an add-on grocery package?

Annette76
Level 10
Cherry Log, GA

Does anyone have an add-on grocery package?

Does anyone do an add-on package to sell of groceries? I was thinking of adding an option where I would pick up some basics and put in the cabin for them. I plan on leaving an arrival goody basket, basically some snacks(cheese and crackers) for when they arrive and stuff to make a couple of cups of coffee or tea the first morning. But I was thinking people might like to arrive with there being some eggs, bread, milk, maybe bacon or the like so they don’t have to shop the day they arrive. Most of the people who come here drive up from Atlanta, approximately 90 minutes, getting here mid to late afternoon. Then they settle in for a bit and generally go downtown for a nice dinner. I don’t think many people want to go to the grocery store after their nice dinner. Saturday is when they go out and hike, or fish, visit wineries, etc. So they are near stores then. I do stock things like sugar, salt, pepper, spices, cooking spray, which I make known. Thoughts?

2 Replies 2
Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

90% of my guests so far are  just changing flights here. Sometimes very late or very early. So, all kind of snacks and coffee  are highly appreciated and I provide them for free. Instant noodles, instant soup, instant and grounded coffee, sugar, tea, honeypacks ...that's the most used. High rating for low cost 🙂  Instant noodles and "Maggi Hot Cup" costs 0,25$ here. After a long flight or a train/bus trip, the food tastes different 🙂

Eggs, fresh milk, cheese, etc. are "short term storage foods"  and if I want to provide them for guests, I need a special license. That means...special place to keep them, 2-3 different fridges, special diary for deliveries, even the vehicles for food delivery must be included in a special register...

I am looking at providing guests links to the local grocery store and liquor store. They can shop online, order and pay online. I'll pick up the orders and stock the fridge so everything is there when they arrive. Sometimes our guests arrive later in the evening and don't have time to get to the stores before they close. Trying to figure how (if possible) how to charge this to guests. Can it be added as a fee to the booking or do I have to charge "off book" for it?