Extended non communication or responsiveness from guest for NYE

Melanie423
Level 2
Looe, United Kingdom

Extended non communication or responsiveness from guest for NYE

Hi all,

This is my first year of hosting, and - touch wood - all seems to be going very well.  However, I live in a place that is very popular with NYE revellers, and as such had a booking almost immediately when the house went live to a relatively local (i.e. 38 miles - that's local here!) booking for 5 adults for NYE.  From their original enquiry and booking (June 17) I haven't received a response to my original email enquiry (which I accepted as I'd mis-read the booking details, and just thought he thought I was an idiot!).  However, I have subsequently emailed him last week to advise that we were planning on changing the twin room to a small double and asking about his situation as, of course, if he required a twin that I would keep it like this until after his visit.  However, yet again I have had no acknowledgement or response (had also emailed him previously to ask whether he'd like an electronic copy of the welcome pack emailed to him, as I do with all my guests).  Given that this is NYE, am a tad worried that it could all go a bit Pete Tong!  What is the procedure if, once a booking is made, a guest does not respond to emails?  Not sure what I can do  i.e. can I insist he contacts me or I cancel the booking, or as it's been booked for ages, do I just have to wait and see?  Apologies for the length of this message, but would be grateful for any advice.  Thanks, Mel

3 Replies 3
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

reach out to CS, tell them that guest isn't responding and that "makes you uncomfortable" and that you need CS to help the guest to read/respond to messages. An uncommunicative guest is a serious red flag. Don't wait, get on it.

Good luck

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

I'd cancel via Airbnb. They could uber home for less probably than you are charging so the plan may be to... Party !

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Melanie423 Did you try calling? I find that most people forget that option exists anymore