Failure to receive money

Failure to receive money

I am greatly disappointed with Airbnb's service.

My family hosted with the name of [personal information hidden]. We were supposed to receive $1235 on July 9th, which is over a month ago, but WE STILL HAVEN'T GOT IT. We were promised a case manager to solve our problem 2 weeks ago, but WE STILL HAVEN'T GOT ONE.

Everytime I call the customer service line, they repeat the same thing over and over, like a lifeless parrot, telling us to wait, that they are sorry, that it is a peak time in summer, etc. They refused to provide a single clarification or explanation. They even said we might have to wait A MONTH TO A FEW MONTHS MORE. Seriously?

This is RIDICULOUS!!!

I didn't call to hear such dumb excuses. I want a solution to this problem. How come a worldwide business like Airbnb can't relieve one person's complaint for more than a month?

I writing with the intention to expose such an injustice and let people know what kind of frustration and regret we are feeling so other hosts and guests would not be conned like we were.

1 Reply 1
Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

You could try Contact Airbnb

I called Airbnb last week and got through within 10 minutes and got my problem solved swiftly so it does happen.

It does seem odd to wait that long for a payment though. I hope you manage getting a hold of them and get your problem solved.

By the way, you've posted this thread in this community where loads of hosts are contributing plenty and lots of people share tips and help all time.  Your call for injustice seems a little misplaced. 

If you'd like some constructive help, you could use the account you're talking about. This account joined in  July and has no listing so it doesn't make much sense.