Guest Requested to Cancel - Now it show that I (host) cancelled - need help to contact Airbnb direct

Stefan305
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Guest Requested to Cancel - Now it show that I (host) cancelled - need help to contact Airbnb direct

Hi all,

I recently had a guest that requested to cancel.  I did not action anything on my side, but now it shows that I (the host) have cancelled.  Because this was cancelled, it does not show up as a reservation, so I cannot contact Airbnb about this reservation!!!!  So fustrating as I cannot find any way of speaking to them to querie this instance.  And this will now affect my superhost Status!

Do any of you have a direct email or telephone number for Support?

4 Replies 4
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Stefan305 Did the guest send you a request to cancel and you accepted? That is you canceling the reservation on your side. It can be deceiving for hosts and Airbnb doesen't do a good enogh job explaining about the aftermath of accepting the canceling request.

Stefan305
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

The guest sent the request, but I never accepted.  But since the guest booked just about 24 hours before the booking start date and then cancelled less than an hour after she booked, things became complicated.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Stefan305 I don't see an automated Airbnb post stating that you have canceled a reservation. Was it a mistake and the guest sorted things out on their own or you contacted Airbnb to remove the automated post?

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Stefan305   Go to AirbnbHelp on Twitter and direct message them or call them. If you did nothing on your end they should remove all penalties. I am thinking you accepted the guests cancellation notice to you, which is a loophole that then gives them all service fee's back and puts the host as the canceling party.