Guest has checked in notification

Leslie7
Level 10
Port Angeles, WA

Guest has checked in notification

A couple times lately I’ve gotten a notification that my guest has checked in. My recent stay in an Airbnb listing did not require or offer an option to let the host know I’d checked in so I’m wondering what triggers that notification? And here’s what’s really strange. Tonight I got a notification that my guest had checked in. I looked down to the cottage and it was still empty, but about a minute later the guest pulled in. Does it ping when they access the check in instructions?

2 Replies 2
Marie82
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

@Leslie7 i think it is because of the of online check-in when it is set with pictures and info, I have it sometime which guests check-in. i see a small message on my screen. Honestly i think is great 

Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

@Leslie7 @Marie82 I just received one of these. I received it about 45 minutes before the guests arrived and I hadn't been in to turn lights on, turn AC up, check cleaners work, etc. I dashed from my office to the Airbnb to make sure it was okay and was right behind them in the driveway. They hadn't arrived yet.

In some cases I would love this feature, but not if it sends premature messages. In fact, it would be great if it sent a check in time reminder when someone tried to use it early. What I would much, much prefer is a notification that a guest has checked out early so I could notify the cleaners!