Guest honesty - UK Covid Travel Quarantine Booking requests

Helen2404
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Guest honesty - UK Covid Travel Quarantine Booking requests

I am getting a lot of booking requests asking me to book but the reason is unclear.

When I ask further I either get no reply or it is a to UK Covid Travel Quarantine.  

That is if I am not deceived - I have been deceived once so far by a woman saying she was working from home but in fact flew in from Amber Warning listed Uganda - I have been asking for help from Airbnb about this guest for 5 weeks and how to make a formal complaint for the last week and nothing back so far.  

My home is not safe for UK Covid Travel Quarantine guests coming from Amber Warning list countries for  ten days quarantine. It puts myself, my household and my other Airbnb guests in danger as well as our and their communities. There is a shared hallway, kitchen, lounge and ventilation. 

I am relying on the honesty of the guest when accepting bookings. This evidently isn’t working. 

I have asked if I can mark my listings as not safe for Covid Quarantine but Airbnb say that is prejudice.

I have been told I should have sympathy for the position of Airbnb staff and that the Airbnb rules have worked for a long time. 

I am penalised by Airbnb for not accepting these bookings or for letting them expire. When I ask guests to withdraw their request I am told that its my problem, am ignored or in one case so far told that I am stupid and offensive by a prospective guest. I ask Airbnb what to do and they close the support case threads. 

I also can’t be made to be responsible for travellers breaking their quarantine. This has already very nearly been a problem with the guest and Airbnb bullying me to give a full refund. I had to remind Airbnb of their cancellation policy time and again so I was not made responsible for the guest walking out on day two. 

How have you dealt with these quarantine booking requests? What have you done when the guest breaks quarantine? 

I would be grateful to know your experiences. Please help.

0 Replies 0