Guest isn't responsive

Hila0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Guest isn't responsive

Guest won't reply to my messages which have been sent today- a week before her reservation. Was on a flexible cancellation policy and just revised it now to be strict. Will it be affective for her reservation or should I just cancel her reservation?
6 Replies 6
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Any changes made to your terms will not impact existing contracts that you and the guest already agreed to.

Karen77
Level 10
Montrose, CO

I have guests all the time who don't respond right away.   You're a week out.  Give that person the benefit of the doubt.  

@Hila0   You can call them, best way to get an unresponsive guest to respond. Although, they might be traveling and out of reach hence no response. Has happened to me, I heard from them the day before they arrived.

Sara-And-Derek0
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

Guests come in all shapes and forms. They are probably busy and feel confident that they are booked with you and so there is no urgency to respond. Stay chilled and allow them to respond in their own good time. There is no rush - 

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

cancellation policy remains in place as flexible for this specific guest. Don't cancel, that gets you serious repercussions from Airbnb, just go with the flow...you might want to check on Airbnb rules about all that stuff, it's always good to be well informed. happy Hosting!

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Hila0

Your guests may be mountain trekking or whatever and out of reach.  Take note of their mobile number and try to text them,