Guest that was booked under company

Jessica2477
Level 2
Cabarita Beach, Australia

Guest that was booked under company

Hi. Just wanted to get my fellow airbnb hosting communities opinion on my last guest

We recently had a guest stay for 3 weeks. They were booked by the company that were paying for them to work in the area. So under a different persons profile. Is that a big no no? I’m new to hosting so learning the hard way with some things 

So I offered to do a free weekly clean but the girl staying opted to just change her linen herself. Which was ok. I left a box of linen out side of her room and when I received the first weeks linen back I was shocked that all the towels were all discoloured from being bleached. A product I don’t keep in the room. All the tea towels were covered in this stuff that looked like brown antiseptic betadine and the hand towels were covered in lipstick and blush. I tried washing everything multiple times. But I’m pretty sure it’s all a throw away item. Like I get that comes with hosting. But I was a bit annoyed the next week when the next lot of linen was not much different. She also managed to loose the key

my question. Is it worth leaving a negative review? It’s not even the person that stayed so makes me think I shouldn’t worry. Is this just a couple 100 dollars worth of new linen wear and tear that just happens? 

I’ve never ever left anything less than 5 stars. All my guests have been amazing. What would you even rate them for that? 4 stars?

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

First of all it's against Airbnb's T&Cs to accept third party bookings on personal accounts. If a company wants to do a booking for their employees they should use Airbnb at Work @Jessica2477 

Have you found that Airbnb Help website - If not do bookmark it - it has FAQs around how to manage your STR business on Airbnb.

When the guest gave you stained bedding and other items the first week, why didn't you ask how this had happened, told her to stop using products causing staining and let her know if you couldn't get the stains out you would need to charge them for new linens etc.

If she lost the key it's a security risk. I would have at least asked for the cost of a replacement.

Of course you should leave an honest review and personally I would have charged for the key and replacement linens. You should mention that it was a third party booking and that the guest heavily stained linens without apology on two occasions and lost your house key creating a security risk.  Wouldn't you want your fellow hosts to warn you about guests using personal accounts for work bookings and that the guest caused damage?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Helen3 

I agree with everything you've said, except that I am not sure it's fair to criticise the (booking) guest for a third party booking when the host was aware it was one and accepted it. 

@Jessica2477 

In future, never accept third party bookings. You will not be covered by Airbnb's insurance, nor would you necessarily get any help if something went very wrong. It's just not worth it.