Guest wants to cancel and rebook

Carol-Lee1
Level 9
Montevallo, AL

Guest wants to cancel and rebook

I have a guest who was supposed to be here Friday for 4 nights (it’s now Tuesday night).  A few days ago she requested to change her reservation to 3 nights which I accepted.   Now she says at 4:30, she’s not going to make it but wants to Re-book in late March.  So far she hasn’t cancelled so if anyone wanted to book they can’t.  The second thing is she started contacting me in November asking questions and then saying she wasn’t ready to book yet.  She contacted me about 4 times before finally booking.  Now I’m not sure I want to bother with her iffy maybe and then cancelling.  I’ve changed my cancellation rules to moderate so if she does it again she’ll st least pay some penalty.  Has anyone else had someone like that?  I’m not sure she’s actually going to show up.

2 Replies 2
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Carol-Lee1 It sounds to me like she's worked out how to get around the cancellation policy and that if you accept her change to late March she will simply be able to cancel without penalty. If it were me, I would be saying no to the current change and force her to cancel and then maybe offer her a slightly reduced rate if she did rebook as promised. I would also let her know that I would offer her a full refund if the currently booked days were booked by someone else.

She finally did cancel after I posted the question.  I still don’t trust that’s she’s going to go through with her trip.  I asked her to book as late as possible next time but my late March dates which she said she wanted are pretty booked already.  It’s disappointed noting when someone cancels practically last minute.  I usually have gone out of my way to get something special tgeybwill enjoy.  Oh well.