Guests Somehow Locking a Room (that I've never had a key for)

Melissa304
Level 2
New York, NY

Guests Somehow Locking a Room (that I've never had a key for)

Hello! Yesterday I saw my guest being fishy when he was opening the bedroom door. He was kind of holding the apartment keys really tightly in his hand while opening the bedroom door. I have never had a key for this door or any door in my apartment. I thought maybe I was imagining it. But I checked today and it was locked! How is that even possible? They already made me nervous after how they lied on their profile (I posted on this a few days ago) and now this tops it off. To be honest I don't really feel all that safe around them. I have a child and don't know how to go about it. 

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Melissa304 maybe it's a standard key/lock - in my places you can open two bedrooms in two locations using the same key.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Apparently the door to the bedroom has a door lock, @Melissa304.  Perhaps the door lock uses the same key as the front door.  If the door is locked and you need to be able to enter the room, tell the guest you will be entering the room and use the house key to unlock the door.

It seems that you are not comfortable with this guest for many reasons but you have accepted him in your home.  I suggest that you call Air BNB and request the guest be relocated.   Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

This is my apartment. If one of my house keys worked for the door I would know it. My bedroom door is exactly the same as that one. 

Lori83
Level 5
Omaha, NE

Report him to Airbnb immediately and ask that he be reaccomodated somewhere else.  Far away.  Wow!  Please be very, very careful.  If possible, have someone come stay with you while they reaccomodate this character.