Hauntings and spooky encounters?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

Hauntings and spooky encounters?

Have you ever stayed at an Airbnb you thought might be haunted? We had an experience back near Halloween  during a stay where our dog reacted really strongly, closet lights went on in the middle of the night (pull cords, not switches) and we just felt like someone was "there" with us. I finally had a chat with the presence while my husband stood shaking his head that I was nuts, but it all stopped and we had a perfectly pleasant remainder of our stay. Even our dog perked up. There was never anything bad, but even my skeptical husband was convinced that someone was in the house or watching us. The kicker was when the light went on in the closet at 3am and he thought he saw me standing there but I was in bed with him....

Our own cottage is an old schoolhouse built in 1850. People do ask if I have heard or seen anything and I have not.  Anyone out there have a spooky encounter?

2 Replies 2
Denise80
Level 9
Hamilton, New Zealand

Nothing as spooky as yours, but I didn't want to read and run 🙂

Many years ago when I was in my early 20s, I went and stayed with my friend and her partner. There was also a friend of her partner staying who ( as my grandmother would have said) 'had his eye on me'. 

I was lying on my mattress in the lounge and nearly asleep, the door into the hallway was sightly ajar, and there was a light on somewhere so the hall was slightly lit. A silhouette appeared in the doorway and moved into the lounge/my bedroom and stood beside the wall. I assumed it was this fella, so told him to get back to his bed. The shadow then just faded away!

Next day I realised that no one could have stood where 'he' stood as there was a big sofa right there, nor could 'he' have fit through the gap between the door and the door-frame without the door opening further.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I remember my colleague and OCM of the Brazilian Portuguese CC taking about a host who'd shared a story... a guest was upset they had left their ouija board in their listing!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines