Hi Everyone!

Jessica366
Level 1
Liskeard, United Kingdom

Hi Everyone!

How important is it for a host to pre validate ID? I don't know wether to go through this process. One guest who has reserved with me has stated that it is for a friend that he is booking. I now feel unsure about this booking as I don't know who will be staying.

Also as I am new to this Airbandb I am unclear about exactly what happens when someone reserves with me. With all three of my reservations I have answered a question and then it has shown up as areservation request accepted. Am I missing something? as I dont think I accepted a request it just seemed to happen automatically. Is there some setting that I have failed to switch on. Another person also enquired about staying at the same time as another guest (their enquiry came first) and I answered there question but then didn't get there booking. It was about 2 days before the other person booked. Could this be because I haven't validated my ID?

Thanks, bit of a muddily message but I hope you get what I am saying!

Jess

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Jessica366

Best bet is to snooze your listing and go through all the information on the AirBnb web site before you make a costly mistake.

I see you have Instant Booking on so you do not need to pre approve guests.

David
Jessica366
Level 1
Liskeard, United Kingdom

Thank you David good advice!

Debbie18
Level 5
St Just, United Kingdom

Hello Jessica

I think that it is against AirBnB rules to book on behalf of someone else - you are not required to accept the booking. Make sure you select the right reason for declining so that the dates don't get blocked.

I would start by replying in a friendly tone saying that Air BnB rules require that the person booking is the person staying and would the friend like to register and book then you will be happy to accept. This logs it with Air BnB that you have noticed the discrepancy and keeps you in the clear. You are right to feel uncomfortable about this request.

Good luck from the other end of the county.

Debbie

Jessica366
Level 1
Liskeard, United Kingdom

Thank you Debbie, I will do that, glad I asked as I was feeling a bit insecure about it.

Jessica366
Level 1
Liskeard, United Kingdom

Hi Debbie,

Where do I ind out if it definitly is against the rules to book for someone else!? Do you know I can't find it!

J