House Parties

Answered!
Deanna36
Level 3
New York, NY

House Parties

Hi everyone,

I was thinking about renting a house or an apartment to host a birthday party, but I am having a hard time finding a host willing to accept one that is also within my budget.

I am willing to clean up or pay someone to clean up if the house becomes a mess and I do not plan to make it a necessarily a "project X" party.

1 Best Answer
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Please note that this content has been archived.

Please note that disruptive gatherings are prohibited, regardless of size. For more information about Airbnb's Anti-party policy, please click here.

You can still access this topic if if you have the link but it won't appear when you search on the Community Center.

To ask a new question just click below:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

View Best Answer in original post

97 Replies 97
Joseph565
Level 1
Lowell, MA

**[Inappropriate content hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

@Joseph565 Did you forget to take your meds, sweetie? 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Joseph565

Joseph, when you have settled down, (or dried out from whatever you are on) can you please decipher that post of yours so it makes some sort of sense to the rest of us.

And while you are at it, please just remember we are hosts and we do not make the rules, we just try and work within them and interpret them.

We are here to help each other, not put up with a complete lot of rambling nonsense!

When you are over your bender can you have another crack at that post and we will see if we can put a logical answer to it!

Cheers.......Rob!

So Jo, are you going to list your place and let her have the party there?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Alex-and-Vaughan0 @Susan17 @Joseph565 @Angel248 @Deanna36 (if she is still around)

Ok, lets put some perspective on this post!

We hosts want to make money, not extravagant, I only average $450 a week, not a lot to have strangers on your property 5 nights out of 7!

All of us hosts are looking for ways to assist in making that income and if hosting parties made hosts money, we would be into it like a pig into ham salad!

Experience tells us that parties, far from making us money cost us heaps...in some instances they destroy us!

You people who want to party are all great reasonable people in the cold hard light of day but,  put you into a party scene you all become bloody monsters. After a few drinks someone falls on the glass top coffee table and smashes the glass...."Oh, never mind, accidents happen, this is after all a party". Next, someone rushes outside and empties the contents of their stomach over the balcony onto a neighbouring resident and his wife standing next to their car! There is a knock on the door and suddenly there is another 15 bodies with a couple of cartons of coldies in tow.

Do I have to go on, it happens time after time, there is no such thing as a responsible party hosts!!!!

Parties are every hosts worst nightmare, no exceptions, because you lovely people are there for three reasons....to brag, to outdo each other, and to get drunk!

Not one of you would be prepared do in your own home what you intend to do that unfortunate hosts listing....and then quick as a flash you shut down your payment method so the poor bloody host cannot claim for the damages you have created against you.

People who want to hire a hard working hosts property to have a party have no morals and no responsibility, they are simply out to shaft some poor unsuspecting individual. 

You go and bust up a Mc Donalds, or a local bar or church hall and leave us hosts to looking after genuine guests.

Shame on you I say!!!

Cheers......Rob

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

I can absolutely understand wanting to rent a nice, large space that has amenities that your own house or apartment doesn't have to throw a party and end up paying less than you would for a small room in a restaurant or bar.  But, as a host, this is just a huge, huge risk and since airbnb doesn't allow for the taking of a real security deposit, there is not much reason to expose your house to all the potential problems of a large party, especially when the majority of damages, complaints and horror stories are from guests who have hosted a large party, damaged the listing and then airbnb fails to provide compensation.

Angel248
Level 2
California, United States

Yall have every right to feel how you feel about partys and or events at your home..but dnt **bleep** it up for everybody else!! Everyone doesn't have bad experiences..and everyone isn't irresponsible...the host I rent from..even send me discount codes becuase I treat their home as my own!!.. . 

"Everyone doesn't have bad experiences" - but 95% have.

And most of the remaining 5% good experiences are no shows.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ute42

Happy new year to you Ute, I hope this will be a great one for you.

Off topic but, do you remember you posted a thread about star ratings and stats!

I seem to have lost track of it and I would like to look at it again to better understand you maths there. 

Cheers.....Rob

Hi @Robin4

happy new year to You too.

Pls look for the thread "Guantanamo"

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Angel248

Angel, of course there will always be exceptions to every rule, and I am not infering in any way anything against your character. You may well be an exemplary guest!

As hosts we have to be guided by the experiences of others, and the overwhelming data that is available says to us that home hosts properties are not appropriate venues for parties. We can't afford security staff to keep the party in line. We do not have food and beverage licences for the distribution of food or alchohol. We cannot afford the insurances that are required to stage 'public' events......and anything that does not involve personal relations and where money changes hands is classified as a pulic event!

One of the major (in fact the most major)  house rule on the Airbnb platform is....NO PARTIES! It features prominently throughout the booking process and it has become that way for a reason. Hosts need to protect their properties and themselves.

What we are saying is please don't criticize  hosts because we won't allow you to do something we don't allow! It not anything personal against you, It is just a blanket policy with regard to home hosting!

Cheers......Rob

Who did you host your parties with. I'm looking to host my baby shower and all I am getting is no parties.  

@Shatiana0  There are rooms in community centers, hotels, etc, that you can easily rent for an event like this. You'll find that most Airbnbs have a no parties rule. This is because something like 95% of parties leave damages, a mess, and have far more people attend than they booked for. You might be truly having a quiet little baby shower with a few close, responsible friends, but unfortuately the bad apples have ruined it for the good.

Fatimah3
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Yes 

Kim908
Level 2
Penrith, Australia

Hi

I would  be willing to host a party but I’m on an acre and I have dedicated separate spaces inside and outside so it wouldn’t impact me as much as others doing this .I have no idea what to charge for this kind of thing though and I certainly would want to consider the kind of party it was going to be first .