How do remove a Special Offer?

Christian49
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

How do remove a Special Offer?

How do remove a Special Offer? , I followed the instructions given on help page  ,   But there is no 'Remove Special Offer' option within the message thread

10 Replies 10
Peter0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

There used to be.  I just went and looked at one of mine and it isn't showing either.  Maybe there is a system fault?

yes perhaps

I just noticed when you scroll over the Special Offer with your cursor a message comes up and it says " the guest has 24 hours to accept the offer' , So I am assuming it cancels after 24 hrs

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

Hi @Christian49Christian, has the guest already accepted the special offer?

Christine.

Thanks for your responses. No the guest has not accepted the offer.

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

Hi @Christian49, has the guest already accepted the special offer? It should show up on the top section of your communication thread where you can decline/accept/discuss or remove special offer.  I think I have also seen that it will show on the left hand side summary where you can see details of the guest and their proposed stay. 

Christine.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Christian49 Special Offers are a bit tricky.  Here's the deal:  During the first 24 hours of your issuing a SO, the guest can accept and the reservation is confirmed.  After that, the Special Offer is still out there for the guest to accept, but if they do, you have the opportunity to accept or decline.  In your case, had the first 24 hours passed?  If so, there is no reason to remove it since you'll be abe to decline if the guest responds. 

Clear as mud? If you have more questions, fire away!

Bernie21
Level 2
Carrara, Australia

They just seem to implement the special offer without my permission. I didn't ask them to make a special offer. My price is low enough as it stands. I don't understand their explanation of removing special offers. 

Rylee19
Level 1
Redding, CA

I also never issued a special offer and  I have been on the phone with airbnb for 30min and we are just going in circles at this point. I just went live with our listing this morning, so maybe new listing are automatically given this "special offer"?? But as a host, the limitations on pricing at the moment are extremely frustrating.

After an hour, we figured out the issue! Go under the top "calendar" tab. Once you're in, you will see on the right hand side, the "special offer" which was automatically put in when you created the listing, and which you can delete there. Hope that helps others!