How do you greet guests?

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

How do you greet guests?

For those of you offering a private room in your home, how do you greet your guests initially?

I just had my first guests (who were amazing!) and I greeted them by opening the door just as they walked on the porch. However, this felt a little "stalkerish" as I had to peek from the window after they drove up and wait for them to approach the door. 

Now I'm wondering if I should just have them ring the doorbell? Or maybe I'm overthinking this?!

How do you handle the initial greeting?

16 Replies 16

@Lisa723,

If you ever visit Spain, be prepared to get two kisses on the cheeks. And even more expressive greetings if you go futher East/Middle East.

I am not a kisser or hugger myself with anyone AT ALL. So, you will be safe with me :))

But I dont mind people happy to see me and showing it with a hug. "Or glass of wine"

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I have a large dog who barks loudly and relentlessly when a stranger approaches my gate. She's an outside dog, so I have to go out to calm her down and let her know that this person is allowed to enter, so this is basically the greeting procedure- "Hi, you must be XXX, welcome. She sounds ferocious, but it's all a big show, she's actually quite sucky. Here, come on in, you must be exhausted".

I actually go pick the majority of my guests up at the bus stop, which is only a 7 minute drive, because my house is hard to find and most guests are arriving by plane and then bus.