How other services are handling the Covid-19 situation.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

How other services are handling the Covid-19 situation.

I found this article interesting, perhaps will help to put things in better perspective.

https://www.syncbnb.com/blog/how-the-large-otas-handled-the-covid-19-crisis/

2 Replies 2
Denice0
Level 10
Placitas, NM

Yes, this is interesting.  As a traveler and a host I appreciated Airbnb's quick response with a Covid -19 Policy.  They had a policy out early in March.  I had a house reservation for April in New Orleans, through Flipkey / Tripadvisor, and they had nothing on their host/traveler dashboard or website in March discussing C-19.  They were totally ignoring it!  I finally just contacted the host and received a full refund, including TA fees!  I was lucky, and pleased that Tripadvisor also refunded guests 100%.  I see Tripadvisor is now extending refunds through June.   Airbnb can not please everyone, but they need to be transparent and quit with the smoke and mirrors, on how they are refunding guests and who initiates the refund.  They wanted to do the right thing (primarily for the good PR), but the monetary follow-up is proving to be darn hard!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Fred13Thanks for sharing. Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to add this article to the thread on COVID-19 Airbnb coverage.