How to View Hidden Profile Photos

How to View Hidden Profile Photos

So, I'm as irritated about this as everyone else.  I learned that the profile photo is hidden using site cookies.  So, actually the person's profile photo is visible to everyone EXCEPT the host receiving the request/inquiry. 

If using Chrome, just right click on the person's name and select "Open link in incognito window".  Then you will be able to see their profile photo, if they have one.

112 Replies 112
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

You are tricky! How on earth did you work that out?

That was wonderful indeed.

However,  We should object to this ridiculous abuse.

Instead of adding features and being appreciative for bringing them so much business, they are taking away this right !??

It is unsafe!!! 

The picture + verbal communication gives the needed judgment to the host to accept the right guests.

Airbnb philosophy is to be different from a Motel that anyone dropping cash on the counter can get in, it is our house! 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Christopher187   Wow, thanks, what a clever guy. But shhhh- they'll find a way to make it impossible.

I actually just got a booking request yesterday and the guest's profile photo was totally visible to me. Maybe this is different in different places? 

you are right, they will find a way to block it.  We should all object to this ridiculous abuse.

Instead of adding features and being appreciative for bringing them so much business, they are taking away this right !??

It is unsafe!!! 

The picture + verbal communication gives the needed judgment to the host to accept the right guests.

Airbnb philosophy is to be different from a Motel that anyone dropping cash on the counter can get in, it is our house! 

How do we object or voice our opinion without getting booted off as a host? I used the pics to see if the person would be a good fit to my place. I do not judge people but I do get a sense if the person would enjoy my place or not. 

I do the same thing 

Amen ,,, love your comment

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Christopher187

Ha! Genius!! Fair play to you for figuring that out!

Odd though, how this post with a headline, content and subject matter that's inarguably of such massive  interest, importance and assistance to so many hosts, has only had 37 views, (says it was posted yesterday), when other posts on the very same controversial issue have had hundreds upon hundreds of views over the past 48 hours or so. 

@Susan17 Are you suggesting that people would rather complain than find a solution?!?  Perish the thought!  :):):)

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Susan17@Ann72 woah, get out of my head lol ... I was thinking it, but you said it 😄

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Ann72

Lol! Well, that is  a distinct possibility, especially round here...  🙂

I was also wondering about the visibility though. I've seen similarly puzzling things happening several times before in the CC, with some "controversial" posts having little to no traction, whilst other more benign posts on the very same subject were inundated with views... 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

That's hilarious, except one serious bad outcome can be that hosts wishing to discriminate can now do so with even more impunity. Talk about your unintended consequences...

Right - but honestly, what guest wants to stay with a host that discriminates? Not me.

So Airbnb should on its own time track the specific host's refusals and if they seem to have racial or other patterns and then ban the host.

The rest of us have been plaing by the rules and I'd like them to stop treating us like we are all presumed guilty.

I agree with you Christine.  

You are welcome to come to my place anytime. 🙂