How to accept reservations via cell phone, but without smart phone

Felicia-and-Malan--Mothe0
Level 1
Nevada City, California, United States

How to accept reservations via cell phone, but without smart phone

I am about to take over the management of my daughter and I's Air B&B listing. I work full time (away from a computer) and I do not have smart phone. So, when people request to stay at our place, I will get a text message notification, however I do not have a smart phone and therefore I am unable to accept/decline their reservation request until I get home from work and to a computer. 

Is there any way with an old-school phone to accept/decline the reservation request? Or do I need to upgrade to a smart phone?

2 Replies 2
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi,

You will need to either get a Smartphone, an Android tablet, or an iPad.  You cannot accept/decline on the old cell phones as you need to download the Airbnb app.

I would recommend the Smartphone route as you probably won't have Wifi everywhere you are unless you get a tablet with 3G/4G.

Happy Hosting!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

I can accept requests via the text message but I would never do that anyway as then you can't vet the persons profile first.

Personally I would get a cheap smartphone. You can get really cheap basic ones and can download the app on the go.

or if you are not bothered about veting guests first you could turn on instant book and then they can book without you needing to accept first