How to create multiple listings for rooms in the same property that share general information?

Virginia11
Level 1
Chicago, IL

How to create multiple listings for rooms in the same property that share general information?

I have 10 roooms in a bed & breakfast.  I want to make all of them availble on Airbnb.  I would like to be able to use the information that stays the same from room to room without retyping it for each entry.  Is there a way to copy a listing - or at least copy some of the general information like house rules and information about the area - so that I can just change the information specific to each room?

Would appreicate feedback from folks who list B&B or have several units in one or more buildings please.

5 Replies 5
Jeremy5
Level 3
Malibu, CA

I'd like to see something from Airbnb here as well, we have 4 listings on the same property and I find it almost impossible to find some of our listings unless you go on the map and zoom in the area.  There should be a feature that shows other listings by the same host on your profile and other listings on the same property in each listing

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Virginia11 unfortunately when Airbnb was first created the listing database was set up incorrectly and room information was put at too low a level. This means that if you have more than one listing under the same account you need to copy the information into each new listing manually. What they should have done was to make sure that it could be added at account level so the relevant info could be selected and cascade to all the listings that need it. If the listing was in a different city then the info would need to be typed in, but for owners with multiple rooms in the same property it would have made life much simpler. It was a database error caused by Airbnb being very small at the time and insufficient user testing having been done. Now it's too late without a very major and costly re-development.

That was a long-winded way of saying you need to copy the info into each listing!

@Virginia11

If you have an apple computer you can use El Capitain to get a split screen and have 2 listings open at once.  This is what I used to copy the information and it went pretty quick.

Marty228
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Last update on this thread seems pretty old.    Is the statement, (posted 29-NOV-2016) still true
=======================================================
"Airbnb was first created the listing database was set up incorrectly and room information was put at too low a level. This means that if you have more than one listing under the same account you need to copy the information into each new listing manually. What they should have done was to make sure that it could be added at account level so the relevant info could be selected and cascade to all the listings that need it. If the listing was in a different city then the info would need to be typed in, but for owners with multiple rooms in the same property it would have made life much simpler. It was a database error caused by Airbnb being very small at the time and insufficient user testing having been done. Now it's too late without a very major and costly re-development."
=======================================================

Thanks for updating one way or the other....  🙂

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Marty228 

When creating a new listing, system first asks you if you want to duplicate an excisting listing.

Emiel1_0-1644864007468.png