Huntington Beach/Orange County, CA Hosts Meet Up

Kathryn52
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

Huntington Beach/Orange County, CA Hosts Meet Up

Hello fellow hosts,

I'm a Huntington Beach host since June 2015 and would love to connect with other hosts in my area. Let's meet up this Monday, Feb 6 at Gibbs/Butterfly Park off Graham St across from Meadowlark Golf Course, 1 pm. Hope to see you there!

Gibbs Park

9 Replies 9
Kathryn52
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

Due to rainy weather the meeting at Gibbs Park will happen another time. 

hello, how are you doing?

I am also a host in Fountain Valley and would to meet other hosts in the area as well. Is this going to happen anytime soon or it already got cancelled?

Kathryn52
Level 3
Huntington Beach, CA

Hi Vin,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the delayed response. We are meeting regularly and growing our group. You are welcome to come to our next meeting that is tentatively happening Sunday, April 23 from 1-2 pm. It will be at the home of a host in our group and will be a hosts-only meeting.

We greatly appreciate your interest!

I would love to have an address so I could come there to the next meeting. Thank you.

Rick-and-Celeste0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Hi Kathryn, a meet up sounds like a good idea. Have there been any yet? Anything planned?

The weather has gotten nice so now may be a good time to move forward.

Rick & Celeste

Hello Rick & Celeste,

Thanks for your response. We are meeting regularly and our group is growing. You are welcome to come to our next meeting. It is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, April 23 from 1-2 pm. It will be in the home of a host in our group. Let me know if you are interested in attending and I will send you a message with the address and confirmed meeting time.

We appreciate your interest!

Chi11
Level 1
Westminster, CA

Hi Kathryn,

I'm trying to list a property in the area and would love to meet up with other hosts to get a better understading of airbnb as a host. Would you mind if I join you guys for the next meeting?

Best,

Chi Nguyen

Mike-And-Deanna0
Level 2
Fountain Valley, CA

Hello my name is Mike, and I have been a host in Fountain Valley the last four years. Last December the city Council in Fountain Valley met and listened to arguments for and against allowing short term rentals in Fountain Valley and decided that they would approve short term rentals for a one year trial period and would have an ordinance drawn up with the basic rules of running a short term rental. The city commission met last Wednesday, September 14 and ruled against the ordinance. I and one other host got up to speak on behalf of the hosts of Fountain Valley and there were over 30 people who got up and spoke against short term rentals. Most of them were from the same neighborhood and were very agitated. There is a city Council meeting on Tuesday, September 20 at 6 PM and it is very important that every host that can attend and speak to support Hosting, do so.

Key points to cover:

Responsible hosting with strict rules, no guests more than 10 total or greater than two per bedroom, no more than two vehicles and must be parked in driveway, not in the street or yard, minimum 7 night stay with minimum 7 days between guests, no parties allowed and no more than 10 people on your property, quiet time from 9:30 pm to 8 am, renting party must be at least 30 years old

Present your success stories and talk about quality of guests due to your screening process 

Talk about $ these guests spend locally at restaurants and markets

These guests don’t want a hotel experience, they will find another city that allows STRs

Talk about your open relationship with your neighbors and that you strive to never impact them in a negative way

Stress how nice your house is maintained 

We may have to adjust our current policies to this more strict approach to protect our business and our neighborhoods and keep Fountain Valley a nice place to live

Thank you for your time

I should go then. I have hosted since 2017 and everything has been fine! Where is the meeting at?