I am not given travel credit for a successful host referral.

Boris24
Level 1
Rotterdam, Netherlands

I am not given travel credit for a successful host referral.

I've referred a friend who has signed up for Airbnb as a host and has listed his property. He shows up on my referrals page, but the text says "[name removed] signed up, but hasn’t taken a trip yet." even though I know he has been hosting guests for a while now (he has something like 7+ reviews already). I should be getting 65 EUR travel credit for this referral, yet none has been added to my account.

Is this a bug or is there something I am missing?

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Boris24,

The text you quote says that "[name removed] signed up, but hasn’t taken a trip yet."

This would indicate that he has to make a reservation on Aribnb and travel himself, before you will be given the credit.

I don't know if you intended the credit to be for when he travels or when he hosts.

Either way, the trip he books or the trip booked with him has to be a qualifying one, over a certain monetary value etc. as outlined in the article below.

how-do-i-earn-travel-credit-from-referring-a-friend-to-airbnb

If that article doesn't expalin your problem then check the "Community Help Guides" article that you'll find when clicking on the "Get support" link when you're on the "Ask the Community" page.

Steve.

Boris24
Level 1
Rotterdam, Netherlands

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply. Vladislav has signed up as a host based on my referral, so it's the hosting referral bonus I should be getting. He has 7 completed trips, but there really isn't any way for me to know whether any of them are for over 75$ (altough they would each have to be for less than 3 days to not qualify based on the pricing I am seeing on the listing, which is possible but I think relatively unlikely).

Is there any way that I can get in contact with a Airbnb representative to check on this? I know the system has been suffering from quite a few bugs and I think its quite possible this might be one as well.

Thanks for your help!

Boris24
Level 1
Rotterdam, Netherlands

I forgot to mention - I did visit the "Community help guidelines" page you referred me to but was unable to find any article on referrals at all.

Hello @Boris24,

In the last paragraph of my previous response I meant to say to look up the "Community Help Guides" for ways to contact Airbnb, not for referral articles. Apologies.

The "Community Help Guides" post has a link "Contact Airbnb" which has details of ways to contact them.

Steve.