I am seeking a co-host in the Atlanta, GA area - -What questions should I be asking them?

Jean118
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

I am seeking a co-host in the Atlanta, GA area - -What questions should I be asking them?

I am seeking a co-host for my property and several people have expressed interest. What questions should I be asking them?

I aim to choose wisely especially since co-hosts aren't rated  as of yet. . 

Jean

7 Replies 7
Cohost1
Level 3
Littleton, CO

@Jean118  Experience is really the key. Talk is cheap for the most part. Ask for references and a portfolio!

Trey
Cohost.com
Director of Real Estate & Development
Realtor ® / Broker Associate

I am a host. I run my propertie(s) on airbnb more like an actual bed and breakfast so I understand the logistics and dynamics of the day to day operations. NO, I am applying for the job. You have to make sure they understand what is expected of them by first making sure they standards of operating the airbnb are clear as it pertains to quality, cleaning, and most importantly customer service and risk management. 

airbnb can be run like a business once you create a brand, regardless of your space. Make you approve for vendors to ensure you are in the loop with cost and expenses. This keeps things on the up and up. Most importantly make sure you provide them all the tools and resources they need to keep it up to the standards of your brand. 

Have more than one listing for the propert. For instance, I market my property as Extended Stay and name the areas most travelers are commuting. I market the same property certain time of the year, The Manor at Stone Mountain Park. Either do these things prior to bringing on a co-host, or find someone who can carry out those objectives you decide on, and you can areally make descent money here in Atlanta rather it is on the Northside or Southside there is a demand for short stays and extended stays. 

I prefer extended stays, but my real money comes summer and the holidays when Stone Mountain Park attracts visitors from around the world. I am currrently searching for my second property and even looking at putting some containers on a property I own. That is how much confidence I have in a need for airbnb type of service. There are many options for carrying out those objections. You can do corporate stay and make a few thousand a month since it is already furnished. 

List to consider:

housekeeper 

handyman

plumber

electrician

I meant "NO I AM NOT" applying for the job....smiling. 

Just a lil free info. 

Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

Maybe you could run through some “what if” scenarios with them.

Ask them what they would do if different problems came up with the listing. You want someone who is resourceful and can solve problems on the fly.

Do they have reliable transportation? How quickly could they be at the house if they needed to?  Do they have schedule flexibility to respond to the unexpected?

Peter1513
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Hi Jean,

I co-host a few properties in the Atlanta area and would be interested in co-hosting for your property. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you further regarding your property. 

Kind Regards,

Peter

*sensitive information hidden*

Hi ,

I also co-host a few properties in the Atlanta area and would be interested in co-hosting for your property. 

Jamie799
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Hi, 

I am available to co-host property in the Atlanta area. I am currently a Super Host and have hosted my personal property for several years. I have excellent customer service skills and an eye for detail.  I would be happy to take over the management of your property while you enjoy a passive income. Feel free to contact me at 678-907-5682 or jjonescampbell@gmail.com.

Jamie Campbell