I have not been paid by Airbnb since August !!

MarkAndJo0
Level 2
Saint Harmon, United Kingdom

I have not been paid by Airbnb since August !!

I have not been paid by Airbnb for the last 10 weeks !!!  I have called them at least 20 times,  Been assured that the case was being dealt with, told lots of excuses, been told that the case has been solved BUT ... I have still not received my money. 

This is totally infuriating !!!!   

Airbnb expect us to work hard to make sure our properties are 100% yet the service they offer is 100% lame and inefficient. 

I have been a super host for years and have 100%  5 star reviews. 

I will take Airbnb to the small claims court, get my money and damages then never use this company again !!!

I AM FURIOUS !!!!!!

2 Replies 2
Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@MarkAndJo0 

A lot of similar complaints from UK hosts (waiting months for payouts), popping up on various STR-related groups and forums in recent weeks. You're not alone (not that that's much consolation to you just now!)

What did they say was the reason fot the delay initially? Had you been asked to update your banking details by a certain date, under threat of your payouts being witheld? Required to register for an Airbnb business account? Requested to amend your property type? Or something else? 

MarkAndJo0
Level 2
Saint Harmon, United Kingdom

Hi .. sorry for the late reply.   Airbnb at first tried to say it was a fault with my bank account so I updated.  Then they said I had not selected that back account as default for payouts. ETC ETC .  
 When I call they keep me waiting, ask me to confirm bank accounts, put me on hold, transfer me to a manager who asks me everything again then puts me on hold and says he will resolve the issue and call back later that day. 

I get no call back then a few days later the case is closed. 

I call back and go through the whole procedure again and again. 

I have turned guests away and have had to close my business. 

I am taking Airbnb court for the money they owe me and damages. 

Who the hell do they think they are ?  

Good luck to anyone who has had similar lies told to them and I will keep you informed as to what happens. 

thank you