I want to cancel my guest, she is in my home now. (different guest, and problem woman) URGENT!!

Esma3
Level 2
Brookings, SD

I want to cancel my guest, she is in my home now. (different guest, and problem woman) URGENT!!

Hi, HELP PLEASE!!

--I have a private room in my home and someone book for 59 nights. I like short term reservations but she will work here so she booked 59 nights. When she booked, Christie texted me and ask my home and then she said, the nurse company makes a payment, and I said okay.

--and another profile (her name is Meaghen) made a payment for 59 nights and Christie and Meaghen texted me at the same time, so Meaghen is from the Nurse Company.  And Meaghan texted me and said Our worker  Maghan will stay in your home. Meaghen and Christie profiles have good comments and I accepted.

-- I thought Christie will stay in my home. and then, the last day Christie texted me and ask a question (1 day before check in she asked and I said NO), and I confused because of her massage, and I asked who will stay in my home. Christie said; Sarah will stay (a different woman). I have no idea about Sarah and she doesn't have a profile in Airbnb. and she came today, and I didn't like her. she is making a noise and she is rude. I don't want to see her in my home 59 nights, how can I cancel this reservation, I don't want to pay any penalty because I did not know she will come. I always check good comments on guests' profiles before accepting reservations. What can I do now? I am living in this home too. I am a little bit scare from her. She doesn't look a good guest and 59 nights, she can make a trouble for me. she doesn't care about my home rule. 

Please help. 

13 Replies 13
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Esma3  You can call airbnb to tell them this is a 3rd party booking, which is against Airbnb's terms of service. The person who booked isn't the person who arrived. Not only that, the person who booked said that she was booking for someone who is not the person who showed up. Tell Airbnb you feel very unsafe in your home, with this person who doesn't even have an Airbnb account, and ask them to do a "neutral" cancellation without any host penalties.

But you say these people texted you? Why? You need to keep all your communictions with guests on the Airbnb messaging system. 

thank you so much, I hope it works. Have you ever see this kind of issue in your home? I checked the cancellation policy in Airbnb but nothing is about it. I did not find any specific rules about that. So, I am afraid this person can write a bad comment on my profile and damage to my home. She looks aggressive, she brought a few luggage, bags and already put all clothes & everything to the room. So I am afraid she can broke somewhere in my home. I don't want to see trouble when she makes a check out because of my cancellation. 

@Esma3 No, I've never had this problem because I wouldn't accept a 3rd party booking in the first place, and if one slipped through, I wouldn't let them in my house at all. 

What are you looking for in the cancellation policy? 3rd party bookings contravene Airbnb's Terms of Service. Just call them and tell them you need this woman out of your house because she isn't the person who booked and doesn't have any Airbnb account. Stay calm and polite when you talk to Airbnb, but remain firm about her not staying.

I'm not sure what you mean "she looks aggressive" but if you feel unsafe, ask a friend or relative to come stay with you until she's gone or at least let them know you might need help if the woman gets nasty.

Thank you so much. yes, I mean unsafe. thanks for your time and your interested. 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Yes, you can cancel this 3rd party reservation. Call airbnb and ask them how best to do this.

If airbnb does not come through for you, try to negotiate their departure. 

"If you shorten your stay and leave tomorrow, I will return ALL payment to you."

I are in a jam, you should have not let theis person in your house and you must take control of this terrible situation. Don't worry about your financial loss, worry about control of your house.

Thank you so much

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Esma3 you do not have to let this person in or let her stay. She is not the one who booked. You actually do not even have to cancel. The original booker is welcome to come and stay with you or they can cancel themselves. This woman needs to leave NOW. I do not even see why you need to give money back to anyone. These people are up to no good it seems

@Inna22 @Esma3  I agree with Inna’s point. This lady does  not have an Airbnb contract with you. You can just ask her to leave. If she still does not leave, it is trespassing.

yes, she is still in my home, now the time is 11.30 pm, I didn't want to get angry, tomorrow I will talk to customer service first. and then I will try to explain the issue. I am trying to be polite, but I feel I am a guest in my home, and she is the house owner. she just rent a private room (in my profile, I said you can use my kitchen & dining room if you need), but she uses like; she booked all home. open the refrigerator, cook something, she even didn't ask me "can I use" she just does whatever she wants. she directly started to open cupboard without ask. I just gave a private room, why she behave like: booked all home? I am so sad

@Esma3  She is acting like she booked the entire home because she probably never read or even seen your listing and house rules. Someone else found your listing and booked for her.  Airbnb doesn't have any personal info about your guest and if you didn't ask her to show you her ID then you have no idea who has the key to your property.

Those are the reasons why 3rd party bookings are not allowed on Airbnb. Such bookings are trouble more often than not.

Airbnb will cancel her booking but you should kick her out by yourself. Call some of your friends to be present and if she refuses to leave then call the police. With her booking canceled she is trespassing. She stayed for just a day or two so she doesn't have any tenant's rights, she was just a guest, and after her booking is cancelled she is not a guest any more. 

Esma3
Level 2
Brookings, SD

I talked with customer service, and she said: If it is okay for you, she can stay, but Airbnb doesn't like it. And I said, she doesn't know my home rules. Today I will explain my home rules to her, if she obeys the rules, she will stay. If not, Airbnb accepts cancellation and no against to me. I don't know what will happen to the money. But it will not affect my profile. Thanks for everyone.  

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Esma3 it seems you didn't take any of the advice that was offered.

59 days of hell + a guest complaint for a 100% free stay