Increase Security Deposit after guest has booked reservation

Matthew147
Level 3
Chicago, IL

Increase Security Deposit after guest has booked reservation

Hello all - 

Trying to figure out how/if I can do this.  Bullet points are how I think so excuse the informality!

1. Have a guest that booked a reservation months ago
  2. Emailed me the other night informing me that due to a family issue they need to bring their dog with them
  3. We DONT necessarily allow dogs - but are willing to make an exception 
  4. Would like to increase the cleaning fee (done)
  5. Would like to increase the security deposit

The reservation was confirmed and booked months ago and the tenant is 100% willing to pay for both of them - I just can't seem to figure out how to do this.  Thanks!

6 Replies 6
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I am not sure if you appreciate what the Security Deposit is, it is not paid but a potential future charge.

Can not be altered for an existing booking.

David

Hey David - 

First of all, I truly appreciate your snide candor.  That's truly in the spirit of the community mentality.

Second, I understand what the security deposit is and that's why I'm asking for it with a pet.

Third, thanks for answering the question after trying to degrade my intelligence.

All the best,

Matt

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I am pretty sure you do not understand what a AirBnB Security Deposit is.

Anyway Happy Hosting!

David

david you seem to know abit about the security deposit, my question is. I have a guest who checked in for 3 months and now wants broadband (which i dont have). i am happy to provide but because  it is only possible with a landline, i want to increase the security deposit incase they make phone calls. is this possible?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Elaine203 you don't appear to have a listing.

As far as I'm aware, once a booking has been accepted you cannot increase the security deposit.

@Elaine203

Jeff is right and anyway most unlikely to solve your problem as it is very difficult to claim.

Personally I would not use ABB for a long term booking, you have a tenant and without a proper lease it is too risky.

David