Inflexibility and Airbnb Reviews

Phil-And-Aquilla0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Inflexibility and Airbnb Reviews

I am amazed how inflexible Airbnb is on certain issues. I had made a small typo on a published review which I wanted to alter (I put a 1 instead of an exclamation mark). Of course this was too serious an issue for an ordinary customer support agent to deal with so I got the scripted response of : " I'm forwarding this to a team that can better assist you". Sometime later I got a response from a "Senior Case Manager". "...once a review is published it cannot be edited, the system does not have the option at this moment.... we do have not the possibility to override the system." Interesting that in the past the system did have the possibility as I have had minor errors amended in years gone by. The only other option, according to Airbnb, is to remove the review completely. Has anybody else experienced this sort of issue?

1 Reply 1
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

There is a time limit, as well as an if-the-other-party-has-posted limit on edits, @Phil-And-Aquilla0 . It is to keep reviewers from changing a review after the fact. Your exclamation point won't change anything substantial, but I do see Airbnb's point with the limits: we cannot all be calling in all the time, and we can't be left on our own to change small things. Changing "can recommend" to "cannot recommend" is a seemingly small thing, after all. 

What I do is proofread every review before posting. With my reading glasses on!

I know - it takes time. But it saves leaving a typo, wrong name, etc., on a review.

I wish my guests did that. Then I wouldn't be "Lawrence" all the time 🙂