Instant Book

Jane409
Level 1
Fremantle, Australia

Instant Book

Wondering why I had not received any booking requests for some months and not being able to see my property on the AirBnB site, I discovered that the Instand Book button is a default setting. In other words, if the person searching does not unclick this button they will not be able to see all the properties available.  I am sure that potential guests have no idea that their search is limited in this way.

Surely, it is not too hard a task for a potential client who wishes to use instant book to click this button.

As a hardworking superhost, doing my best, I feel very let down by AirBnB using this method to push us all, like sheep, to do what it wants.

To be in the game, I have now reluctantly, selected Instant Book. This makes life very difficult if one's property is on other sites and a conversation is going on with a potential client.

4 Replies 4
Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Just means you'll have to be a little bit more involved and quicker to block dates on other sites. I did notice that superhosts get front page exposure now so there is always that. With AirBnB they are always trying something new that affects our booking pattern. Us hosts get used to a familiar pattern and are getting bookings 5 times a week and then boom a downturn. The downturn is usually due to a new algorithim AirBnB just rolled out without anyone knowing. They like to fix what is not broken and not inform hosts.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You have a beautiful place, @Jane409!  I see that you have been successfully hosting for a number of years so I can understand that you might not feel informed about the changes to the Air BNB platform and direction. 

I have used Instant Book for a couple of years and seldom have a problem with it.  A couple of times guests have mistakenly booked my place and as a Super Host, I had no problem with rectifying the issue.  I like to establish a sense of connection with a guest before a booking, but with IB this is usually not possible so I take steps to do it quickly after the booking.  If I am not satisfied my place with be a fit for the guest or I am uncomfortable with the guest (very, very rare) I will cancel.  No host penalty.

Thank you for Linda.

My point is that I feel betrayed by AirBnB because I had no idea my property was not appearing on the site because I had not "embraced" instant book.  This is just so disappointing and also very unfair to potential guests who were not offered a complete list of properties available in our area.

Jane

There are many many long discussions on here about this.

David