Is there some way to offer trip cancellation insurance?

Annette76
Level 10
Cherry Log, GA

Is there some way to offer trip cancellation insurance?

My listing isn’t live yet as I’m doing an update to my space first. 

I’m planning on researching the cancellation policies but feel like I’m going to be pretty strict. 

I was wondering if there was a way to add trip cancellation insurance or to require the guest get insurance from an outside vendor. 

I’ve been reading all the posts where basically Airbnb sides with the guest and gives a full refund, regardless of the policy, the excuse or whatever. 

I personally get cancellation insurance on my on my own trips and even concert reservations.  The few times I’ve had to use it made me glad I had it.  

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Airbnb doesn't offer any such insurance, @Annette76. If you find an external vendor, you may do whatever you want...

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Annette76

To offer Insurance I am pretty sure your State would require you to be licensed, in the US Insurance in controlled at the State level.

No Insurance can match the breadth of the AirBnb Extenuating Circumstances policy.

David

I was actually looking for a third party offer. I own a dog daycare and boarding place. I have the option to charge my clients an extra $3 per day for insurance. It covers them for up to $1500 per week of boarding toward medical care in case of illness or injury. It also covers them for non refundable bookings that we require during the big 6 holidays. 

AirBnB do not offer anything like this and would not really help you, with your dog care business I assume you set the cancellation terms, not so with AirBnB, well they give you 3 options but all can be overridden by Extenuating Circumstances.

David