Keyless Locks-Help!

Leslie28
Level 1
New York, NY

Keyless Locks-Help!

Does anyone have experience with ResortLock?  

We've heard great things about ERentalLock, but there are some downsides, and ResortLock seems to use the exact same technology, with a better interface, locks that will look better on our doors, and most important, WAY better tech support.

In short, we're looking for a keyless entry system that lets us control guest entry according to the date and time of their check-in and check-out. And we want one in which the lock itself does NOT rely on wifi or radio connection to a controller.  ResortLock and ERentalLock both offer that solution.  We've heard great things about ERentalLock and are looking for personal recommendations of ResortLock.  Has anyone out there used it?

Thanks!

Leslie
10 Replies 10

Hope you get some feedback; I'm shopping for this option (keyless) currently.

As I'm in the process of getting educated here (and also a new host), do you mind sharing why it is of benefit to control the date and time of checkin/out? Also, when you say you want one that does NOT rely on wifi, does this mean you don't want ANY wifi or just can be operated both ways?

- Cindi

Marjorie22
Level 2
Raleigh, NC

Hi!

I am a new host looking for a keyless entry also that does not rely on wifi.

Anyone found one thay can recommend?

Hands down I highly recommend the LockState Resort Lock!!! Been using it for years and its reasonable and the company is great, support is fabulous and is completly algorythmic. I live 5 hours away from the place I rent and its worked flawlessly.  Just change the batteries once per year!  They are even an official AirBNB partner and your guests can be automatically notified of the codes without your direct involvment. 

http://remotelock.com/airbnb/

Note, you can usually get the RL2000 a little cheaper via Walmart and other outlets...

I'm hoping they come out with an integrated Algorthmic lock with Wifi... as you do need to be in person to program new permanent codes etc... 

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Thanks for the quick response, Andrew!  I'll check it out.

Hi Andrew, which lock model RL2000 or RL4000 did you invest in from the LockState Resort Lock?  Or did you get the latest model?

I do have WiFi.   Sometimes I can have a power outages for several hours.  With hurricanes it can be over a day.

I definitely want to get a keyless lock.  I like that this brand integrates with Airbnb.

Thank you!

Michelle

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

$250-$500 for a remotelock?!?! Thats a bit steep considering they look more ideal for commerical application than residential. I've went to LOWES and even Amazon and found keyless locks for about $90 that fit easily over the same door hole. If you go either route make sure you take measurements and double check if it will fit and if you need a lever lock or a dead bolt. A lever lock will usually be so big it will take over the space where the dead bolt usually goes.  Some of the features of the super expensive locks I honestly would never use such as knowing who enters and exits or generating a new code for each guest. Most people are visiting out of country and dont return. Also, I could manually change the lock code at any time.  I made sure to find a lock that is as simple as possible to operate and even then my guests still have issues.

Best of Luck! 🙂

Thanks for your advice Zacharias! I see I have a lot of research to do.  Nothing is ever easy :0(  🐵

@Zacharias0 you get waht you pay for.  If your are setting up each stay yourself and are sharing the space then I agree a cheap lock from Lowes will work just fine. (This is what I have at my house).  If you cant rely on WiFi and you don't live anywhere near your place and dont' want to pay someone so change codes then you need something more.  

The resort lock algorythmic locks let you log into thier website and and generate a codes to from any specific date/time and another as long as they are a year apart.  You can define fixed codes for housekeeping etc and disposible codes (single use - work once and one) for cable guy.   They stand up to hard use and I can say mine has worked solid for over 4 years. 

After years of mailing keys to guest this was one of the single best investments I have made in my condo.  Time, Security and Confidence are worth money and this lock has paid itself back hundreds of times over. 

@Marjorie22 there are a lot of options and they can be confusing.  Can you you let us know a little more about your situation?  Are you nearby?  Are you intersted in having unique codes for each guest? Do you have a Wifi and just can't trust it but it works most of the time? 

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

@Anonymous: Sorry for the tardy response.  I live in the USA and my property is in the Caribbean.

I would like a lock where I could assign unique codes and check online who is entering

the property.  The wifi at the house is not reliable and so is electricity.  I would prefer

where the smart phone is not needed to gain access.  Is this asking the impossible? 

Gemma48
Level 1
Reigate, United Kingdom

I'm looking at Resort Lock RL4000M, but being in the UK with a prtoertly in Spain, it's a nightmare trying to find someone who can fit it. has anyone else had a similar situation? were they able to fit it themselves?

Also, the 25% discount doesn't work in the UK 😞 (and FedEx shipping from ResortLock in the US is over $250!!)