Lockboxes

Billie8
Level 1
Sandpoint, ID

Lockboxes

Hi, we need to add lockboxes to two of our listings. I remember seeing a company that airbnb recommended for purchasing such things, but now I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have suggestions on where to go and what company to order from? Thanks, in advance, for any help you may offer!

6 Replies 6
Mario-and-Cata0
Level 4
Medellín, Colombia

Hi @Billie8

I've had many lockboxes and keyless door locks. It depends on what you're looking for:

1. Lockboxes are more simple. You will store the keys inside the lockbox and you'll give the access code to your guests. Masterlock is the most known brand. I have 2 units from them and it's worked very good so far

2. Keypads: You can configure several access codes (as opposed to lockboxes) and it will open the door directly (no need to keys). You'll have to install it to your door. There are quite a few brands: Schlage, Kwikset, yale and more

3. Smart locks: These are like keypads, but you can manage / monitorize them from anywhere with an app. Please notice you'll need a smart hub (like a router) to have it working online. These are more expensive but you can manage them anywhere. Perfect if you are not always around the house you're renting.

I remember Airbnb promoted igloohome. Those smart lock have the feature to synchronize with Airbnb (for generating new access codes on check ins)

Best!

Thanks for your feedback! I ended up going with lockboxes. I ordered two Kidde brand ones from Amazon. We'll see how they perform!

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

I have a lockbox that easily lets me change the code. From Amazon. I

use it for backup in case my keypad screws up.

Have you guys heard of TOOR?!?!  They were on Shark Tank with this new lockbox that you control from an app!  Also available on Amazon, there are no codes or combinations to give out which can an uneasy feeling.  All access to the lockbox is generated through the TOOR app so you can add guests to your 'guestlist' so they can access your lockbox without you having to exchange keys or codes.  ALSO, you receive notifications on your phone when your guest opens and closes the lockbox.  No more wondering if your guest is checking out on time!!! I bought one and I absolutely LOVE it!!!  Check out their website [link hidden]

Hi Xavier, 

Do your guests need to download an app to unlock the TOOR? 

Thanks, 

Ed

Try the VaultLOCKS electronic lockbox.  VaultLOCKSpm.com.  Product is reliable and works well.