Miami Hosts

George240
Level 2
Miami, FL

Miami Hosts

MIAMI BEACH HOSTS UNITE!

Miami Beach Hosts UNITE!   Hurricane Irma has come and gone, not too much damage to the palm trees and NO STRUCTURAL DAMAGE TO CONDOMINIUMS!!  Many of my guests are cancelling for the entire month of September and AIRBNB IS GIVING THE GUESTS 100% REFUND!!  This is not right!  Guest are cancelling for bookings two weeks from now, without even consulting THE HOSTS!!  Airbnb is refunding the guests 100% without even consulting THE HOSTS!  I mean, airbnb has always been very pro-guest and anti-host, but this is out of control!  

**[Title updated - post moved to make a new topic]

2 Replies 2
Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

Really? You're going THERE? With IRMA?

There's more to it than the damage to condos (or lack thereof). There's major upheaval in the area - I know, my family lives in Miami, outside of Tampa, and throughout a few other places in Florida. There are places throughout the Miami area STILL without power. Many airlines are STILL not flying into MIA. Miami Beach is horribly bad condition! The first flights only re-started on Tuesday! Many guests come to experience the area and they have the right under AirBnB's existing policies to talk to them about cancelling.

I understand this affects hosts...but if we had an earthquake in the Bay Area that didn't damage where I am but *did* damage where the guests wanted to be - I would expect the guests to cancel - and I would happily let AirBnB refund.

Look beyond your own financial discomfort - into what others are experiencing and then rethink your position, @George240!

Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

@George240... Think of the benefits to you: 1) You will not have grumpy/freaked-out/panicked guests (talk about a DISASTER?), 2) you will not have ROTTEN REVIEWS for forcing the situation, and 3) your room/space will not have gotten messed-up and still ready for a new, more appropriate guest.

Compassion, my friend. Tomorrow is another day.  Let this go.  Be the good guy.

If I could give @Jann3 more than one thumb's up, I would.

Kim