Minimum number of guests settings ?

Answered!
Maryam-Al-Fakheer0
Level 10
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

Minimum number of guests settings ?

Is it possible to set a minimum numbers of guests per room?

1 Best Answer

@Maryam-Al-Fakheer0

In your case, under the current Airbnb system (which is still a bit behind in sophistication), why not undo Instamt Book and accept that listing only via Reservation Request? That way you take no risk cancelling guests who aren't qualified for your promo. If it's only Jan/Feb, besides if its a 'dead season', I'd only expect maybe average 3-4 guest request inquiry turnaround each month, it's not much work to keep up for one single listing. 

The marketing strategy, if I were you, would be something like, book $18 (per person) and get your 4th guest FREE! (You know how people love the word Free). Or $24 and one extra night FREE! Make sure to alter your title so the FREE stands out, turn Instant Book off and make sure to analyze the traffic. Maybe do some change-ups depending on # of inquiries. It's an important promotion for you so you want to hold close to this.

View Best Answer in original post

41 Replies 41

Thanks @Sara2, but not sure what you want to say with your statement.

I have looked all over the airbnb site to see if there was any way to put a minimum number of guests. I haven't found one so don't believe it's possible. Knowing the situation in this part of the world and the inexistance of tourists , I'd think hosts would be glad to accept even one tourist. If you put that you have a minimum occupancy, then another host will probably accept just one and you'll loose the rare guests there are. Can I ask a favour of you Maryam ? Please don't answer this post unless it's with a kind word because I am so fed up of the rude people on this new forum.

Thank you @Raymond-and-Elaine0   I too accept even 1 guest. Always have, but at the normale rate of 24$.  I created an extra listing for the special rate of 18$. It is meant to be as a discount for 2 persons. 

Indeed, Jordan does suffer a lot for the past 5 years since the "Arab Spring" and everything else that followed after that while Jordan is 100% safe and a super peaceful and utmost tolerant country.

South of Jordan (where Petra is located in the desert) is the most poor area of Jordan. We (all the bedouins and me as non-bedouin) depend on tourisme. There is no other way of generating any income besides tourisme here. 

With my AIRBNB listings I also create some work for the bedouins as guides, cook, drivers, camel-drivers, donkey owners, etc.  
Here in my village we all SHARE what we have. Even poor to the bone... we always share the food we have as this is even an obligation for Muslims.

Merry Christmas to all . 

Petra is one of the most interesting places in the world! My mom, who is now 93 years old visited and I wish I could.  Lots of tourists there!

Thanks @Clare0   Petra is indeed AMAZING.  But believe me.... hardly any tourists now.  Camel drivers coming back to the village at 12.00 or 14.00 p.m. and shops are closing early because there ae hardly any tourists. 

Even the P etra by Night show is cancelled from time to time because of lack of tourists. 

Over the past 5 years the number of tourists declined 90 percent. We hope to have a little "high season"  between Christmas and the New Year.

For me... I am lucky as I am fully booked for this period.  But I fear the months after that.

Turbulent times in your neck of the world I fear.  Love your  King!  

@Clare0  Jordan is more safe than many Western Countries, but I know what you mean.
Islam extremisme is not accepted here. Neither by the government or the people. 

Indeed King Abdullah is a great person, thanks. 

@Maryam-Al-Fakheer0

In your case, under the current Airbnb system (which is still a bit behind in sophistication), why not undo Instamt Book and accept that listing only via Reservation Request? That way you take no risk cancelling guests who aren't qualified for your promo. If it's only Jan/Feb, besides if its a 'dead season', I'd only expect maybe average 3-4 guest request inquiry turnaround each month, it's not much work to keep up for one single listing. 

The marketing strategy, if I were you, would be something like, book $18 (per person) and get your 4th guest FREE! (You know how people love the word Free). Or $24 and one extra night FREE! Make sure to alter your title so the FREE stands out, turn Instant Book off and make sure to analyze the traffic. Maybe do some change-ups depending on # of inquiries. It's an important promotion for you so you want to hold close to this.

@Mizuki0   Great idea's !   I will think about a  strategy based on your idea's.

Nicole30
Level 1
Spring Hill, Australia

Hi Queenie,

Can you answer my question about the same topic?

My property only shows up in a search when the search is for 3 or more guests. 

How can I change my listing to show up if there is only 1 or 2 guests?

Nicky

What if the room can accomadate 6 guests, but a guest tries to book as 1 guest, then says the there are more than one person in the group, pay for 1 and 6 shows up.

You would insist on a larger number when you rent the whole house and you have 16 beds. I also get requests of groups with over 20 people so it would be great if Airbnb could not limit the number of guests to 16. To get a weekend reservation for 2 on 8 bedroom, 4 story house is not attractive to us.

Queenie0
Level 10
United States

@Maryam-Al-Fakheer0 - You did not ask a detailed question but I took time to answer what I thought your question was.  If you found my response not detailed enough, you could simply have responded with a more detailed question.  

For your information, Airbnb is not responding to hosts questions.This is a forum of hosts helping hosts. Common courtesies are expected or this forum will quickly become one where questions are asked and no one answers. I certainly don't need 'attitude' when I took time to try to help you.

@Queenie0 It was a simple question and I got a useless opinion from you. After that I have tried to explain my question to the detail. For your information: it is  about a marketing strategy in low season in my area.  You are not obliged to spend any t ime to respond, especially not if you are overly sensitive for any reaction. At this moment you are the one reacting with an attitude.

Deborah is a  great lady who try at least to figure out how to help.

Have a nice day. 

I am a new host and have the same problem as you Maryam.

I have a 3 bedroom apartment with 2 double bed and a single bed. I rent the entire apartment but my rates are per person based.

So when one person book, I lose big since they end up using the whole apartment for about $50.

If there was a button to state the number of minimum guests, I could have set my place for atleast 3 guests and atmost 5 guests.

I hope airbnb come up with a solution.