My listing appears in search sometimes, and not other times

Amanda88
Level 4
Galway, IE

My listing appears in search sometimes, and not other times

Re:  Listing https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/13934082

I have been an AirBnB host for about a year now, on and off.  I am currently 'Listed' and open for bookings for the next 12 months at least.

However, it is very hit and miss whether or not my Listing appears in the search.  Sometimes it does and sometimes it does not.

This is extremely annoying - no wonder I still have dates free for August and September.  I was wondering why I wasn't getting more bookings.

I put in the free dates, the town (Gort) and 2 guests - nadda.  Other times it will appear.

Please help - I have no idea how to ensure I appear in search results every time my listing is relevant.

ps I am searching on a PC using Google Chrome.

If you want to test it, I currently am not booked for August the 29th/30th.  And the room can be for 1 or 2 people.  It's instant book and I am a SuperHost.

Many thanks in anticipation, 

Amanda

3 Replies 3
Hollie6
Level 10
Page, AZ

I've had that happen as well and I believe it may be that when airbnb is updating there system it that they get a little glitch. It's never lasted long for me but it certainly has happened.

Good luck!

I have had similar problems! I think it may be related to using Google Chrome, although I am using it on a Mac laptop. The first was that I got an Instant Booking on a day when I had IB turned off (because I had an event to attend and did not wish to have a new guest arriving). Airbnb continues to insist IB was turned on. I recently discovered that my listing appears differently on different browsers and on the mobile app. So I thought I had IB turned off because I did so on my end using Chrome. Somehow a guest was still able to book. Airbnb continues to insist I had IB on and to deny that were coding glitches that might have caused this problem! More recently, I discovered that my room was not showing up in searches that were filtered by date price, only in general searches. I suspect this has been going on for some time, as my bookings plummeted this fall. We have the Superbowl coming up in two weeks, and guests were unable to see my booking if they searched by date! This is otherwise a slow time of year for bookings, so getting a lucrative Superbowl booking would be extremely valuable for me. I am a (new) Superhost, I am on a busline to the stadium and downtown Minneapolis, my price is on the low side of competitive... but still not booked! Apparently, if potential guests have not cleared their cache/cookies, they probably won't be able to see my listing now that it seems to finally be listed properly. My biggest issue is that Airbnb support ignored my questions, repeatedly sending "canned" responses about how to use Instant Book, etc. Since I got Superhost status this month, customer service has been a bit better, but they are still dismissive and not very helpful.

I am having similar issues to Amanda. Any ideas please?