How did you respond to a notice of violation from Napa County?

Kari4
Level 1
Napa, CA

How did you respond to a notice of violation from Napa County?

I just received a notice of violation from Napa County and was wondering if anyone else has received a similar notice. How did you respond and what was the outcome?

Thanks!

69 Replies 69
M-and-S0
Level 1
Napa, CA

We got one too! Our neighbors turned us in. We have had no complaints nor any nuisance of any sort. I don't think there is much we can do. However, I am willing to ban together and go after the city of Napa for the 41 legal permits and the 60 hosted as well. It has created an unfair situation that the rest of us cannot become a part of.

hello  my name is Majid    are you still interested in hosting in Napa ? if so please call me so we can strategize to change the current restrictive city of Napa ordinance ... my cell is *sensitive information hidden*  ( New York number but i live in Napa )  thanks

I need help, I will be forced to sell our family home if I cant vacation rent it,is there anything I can do? In Napa county.

Hi MAJ0,

I would like to know where did you stand on this issue, your post is from 2018 and interested on the current status. Is there an active initiative we can join?

We are new to airbnb and just got a notice form de Napa County, we haven´t host any guests yet and would like to know what we need to do with current confirmed reservations, if you have any experience that can share with me would be highly appreciated. Thanks

I found  a way to do it  without  breaking  the  law ...  set up a tent  ... there's  no law that says  you can have airbnb on napa on a tent on yurt  at back yard.  

Surinder0
Level 2
California, United States

Hello,

We are hosts in American Canyon, CA and have been searching for others in our city that would like to meet and discuss a few things. One issue imparticular being City Code issues. Has anyone received a letter, etc. We enjoy hosting and want to continue down this Airbnb path, but I believe we need to ban together at this point. I look forward to hearing back from you!!

Sincerely,

Surinder

hello Sunrider   are still in airb&b ?  if so contact me  Maj 

**[Personal information hidden for safety reasons - to use the direct messaging system here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile image and click 'Send Message']

Hi Maj - I just left a message on your phone, I think.

Hi Maj

wanted to talk about vacation rental in Napa Sonoma area . Need some guidance 

Eda1127
Level 2
West Menlo Park, CA

Hi Maj,

We just received notice to cease & desist.

Has there been any effort under way or anything can be done.

Thanks,

eda (650 704 1674)

hello i am so disappointing by the hosts of airbnb around napa solano county : lethargy !! i have been trying to get active as a group to fight city hall . Is anyone interested ? i stopped hosting because i received a city threatening letter to cease and desist here is my number please call don't leave a message here because i am rarely on this site ... my name is Maj i have been hosting since the beginning but stopped last year it a new York number but i live

in Napa *sensitive information hidden*

Contact  me I support this 

Jane30
Level 1
Oakland, CA

We did as well, wish there is a way to fight this outdated law soon.