New app sound notification

Dimitris14
Level 3
Marousi, Greece

New app sound notification

Last days when I am receiving an inquiry or an instant booking I am hearing a new sound from the AirBnb app. I am having an iPhone. Is that the same for all of you? Is the sound changed from an update of the app?

67 Replies 67
Dawn50
Level 2
Nelson, New Zealand

I didn’t actually do anything. It came right on its own. It seems it could be a software/compatibility issue. I now have an issue where I sometimes don’t get a notification at all; on either my iPhone or iPad. But I still get an email (which I don’t check so often). I tried changing the settings to receive a text, but if I don’t get the Airbnb notification I don’t get a text either. It may be something to do with Airbnb’s server. 

HERE'S HOW I CHANGED THE SOUND BACK TO THE AIRBNB CHIME ON ANDROID 8.0

--Using my phone I went to the link that was posted here earlier 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/104KMMM0SFbXLkxn6sdffVVr1PKU- FTOM/view. 

--Clicked the upper right download arrow.

--Saved it to my download folder. 

Then I went to:

settings>apps and notifications>app info>airbnb>app notifications>general>sound

*Scroll to the bottom of the sound list and slelect +add new sound.

*Then it will take you to your system folder. Select the download folder or wherever you saved the sound.

*Then in the folder you saved it to, find and click the  named "push_notifictation" or whatever you renamed it.

*Once clicked, it will add it to your sound list and take you back to that list.

*Then scroll down and select the sound called "push_notification" or whatever you named it.

*That sound is now assigned to your airbnb notifications and you will hear that sound, which is the regular default airbnb chime you've always heard. 

You are going to heaven THANKS MAN !!!

Thank you, I was looking for it for so long!😍

I am writing from Turkey.

Thank you so so so much. I trying to find this song. You are the best.

I totally agree with you!  I just got a new phone and the notification sound is the same as if I get a text or notification from another source.  I always have my guests text me through Airbnb.  I tell them that when I hear the Airbnb "zing" I respond immediately.  If you text to my regular number I may look at it tomorrow...  PLEASE FIX IT BACK TO THE OLD SOUND

Hi! We are on the phone with airbnb, they are acting as if they have never heard about it, seriously! 

Do u have your phone nearby?

There is a setting in the notification panel. (He is pulling it up now...) 

Setting

Notification

Turn on push notifications

(It's on, we say)

Oh, ok, so it's the sound

Ok, tell u why

Our app has changed, an update went through.

Settings in my phone app.

Actually,  it's technical...do you have a Best buy nearby?  I don't have the technical information (basically download that sound, find it on the internet, then set it to the app...send a report to our feedback team, I'll do it for you)

He maintained that he hasn't heard of this problem but that Airbnb app team will try to resolve it .

Teresa-and-Brian0
Level 1
Cascais, Portugal

I also lost the airbnb sound and I was googling how to fix it, when I come across to this chat. I didn’t realize that others had the same problem! 

Steve-and-Melissa0
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

In android Oreo 8.0 Select:
Settings wrench - Apps & Notifications - AirBnB - App notifications
Make sure General switch is on, then touch the word "General¨
Select: Sound - Just Once (if you have multiple sources for notification tones)
Select the Radio Button of the sound you want. I found a custom sound on Zedge called "OEBB station tone" that has a similar melodic sound of the old AirBnB notification. If anyone knows where to get the actual old one, I wouldn't mind downloading it.

Try the 'Harp strum' sound in Zedge. Not quite the same, but real close 😉

I can't believe in 2018, this isn't a fix they can resolve in 1 minute! What's most annoying is being unable to find the notification sound myself anywhere on the web so that I can change it on my own phone since of course when I call Airbnb they have no idea what I am talking about. 

Go here to see how the use the downloaded tone nikolas posted on your android devices. https://youtu.be/ceEzSNhhul8

Nikos14
Level 3
Hersonissos, Greece

Hey guys, after quite some time of searching for the default notification sound myself, I'm really pleased to tell you I found it, and I'm very happy about it.  It's in the app apk itself.  Click here to download and copy to your phone, and then set it as the default notification sound for the Airbnb app.  Hope it works for you.

Thank you! This worked  

Thanks a  lot Nikos!